CHAPTER TWENTY NINE

They also drew some blood from me and we later headed home after being told that the test results would be out in three days. Melisa complained of hunger when we were headed home and I drove to a diner where we had lunch. She did not say much during the hospital visit or even in the car and this worried me a little bit. Her unusual behavior started when I broke up with her and she did not react. It is not that I liked drama but Melisa always put up a fight whenever we had an argument. On that day however she just agreed and went home after waking up in the morning.

I drove her back at her parent's house and headed home myself. I called up my best friend Derek to come hang out at my place to which he agreed. I gathered some games from my collection and put on some sports station while waiting for him to get her. When the front door opened I knew it was Derek since he was the only friend who had the key to my house. He called out for me and I told him I was in the living room. After doing our bro hug, he sat next to me and we continued watching sports. He must have realized that I was not concentrating because he slapped my shoulder bringing me out of my thoughts.

Before he could ask me anything, 'let me down slowly' by Alec Benjamin rang through the kitchen. I knew right there and then who was calling.

Let me down, down
Let me down, down
Let me down, let me down
Down, let me down, down
Let me down
If you wanna go then I'll be so lonely
If you're leaving baby let me down slowly

If you wanna go then I'll be so lonely
If you're leaving baby, let me down slowly

I headed to the kitchen to check with a bored expression on my face. I picked up my phone and saw that it was my mom who was calling.

"Hey mum what do you want," I ask.

"I am going to ask you once Josh and I need an answer right now. What were you doing at the doctors today and don't try lying to me because I know that you are not sick," she said

As soon as she said that, I knew I was screwed. I mean the test results weren't even back yet. I knew that I had to tell her the truth or she was going to get it from someone else anyways. I took about twenty minutes trying to explain to her what was happening with Melisa. It would have taken shorter if she did not interrupt me every time I said something. Just like I had expected she said that she was going to send me the money to pay for Melisa's abortion.

I did not even let her finish whatever she was saying before I hang up and switched my phone off. I knew my parents would be flying back in two or three days' time to repair the damage I had done. I however would not let them make that decision for me. I went back to the living room and released a huge sigh. Derek paused the game that he had put on and looked at me questioningly. I knew he wanted answers on what was happening in my life. I told him the story from when Melisa showed up at my house to when we went to the doctor's appointment this morning. To say he was shocked would be an understatement. He tried to joke around about how I was always careful and always made sure to 'wrap it'. He voiced that he really doubted that the baby was mine. He said that I was not the only one Melisa was sleeping with even when we were together.