CHAPTER TWENTY ONE

I did not expect her to be the one opening the door when I went to say hello to my new neighbor. I felt the familiar racing of my heart whenever I say her. My joy was however short lived when I saw a small boy emerge from the house. I felt my stomach drop as I saw her interaction with her. My first guess was that she was married already but to console myself, I let myself think that maybe she had some friends over or she was babysitting. All that was thrown into the wind, when I saw the look of love and adoration in her eyes. I concluded that he was her son. I did not however see a ring on her finger. I wondered whether she was a single mom. It made me a little happy thinking that maybe, just maybe I had a chance with her.

Kira was glaring at me as I stood there wondering what I would say. It was obvious that she did not want me there. I was disappointed but blamed myself. I mean, I wonder what I was even thinking. After all the harm I had caused her, I would be the last person she wanted to see. I had a little awkward chat with her and later went back to my house. I was a bit disappointed when the little boy asked me to come in but Kira scolded him.

I spent the rest of the day at work but my brains were thinking of the girl next door. I saw them go out with the little boy, who I learned was Brandon and did not get back until later in the evening. I was close to Kira's house and I wanted to help her carry the bags she had. I however was beat to it by the security guard. I still followed them but nobody seemed to notice me. Kira carried a sleeping Brandon in her arms while the guard carried the shopping bags. I saw her input the code and she sighed in relief upon getting home. I could tell they were tired from their day out and I decided to let them rest. It was later that night that I headed to her house.

I wanted to knock at the door but the thought that maybe they were asleep. I input the code to her house and found Kira doing something at the table. I got closer and saw that they were sketch book. Kira was a bit startled by my presence and I could tell that she wondered how I got into her house. I expected her to throw me out but she let me stay upon Brandon's convincing. She made dinner and we later watched a movie. Half way through the movie, she fell asleep with her body leaning back on the couch behind her. I also felt my eyes get heavy and laid my head on her shoulder and entered a dreamland. I dreamt of Kira throughout the whole night. I woke up later in the morning to her tracing my face. We had breakfast after that and I headed to my house to get ready for the day. I had a big smile on my face throughout the whole day, which I know surprised many people since I always cold hearted and never smiled at work.