Part 9

You stumbled, catching yourself as you regained your balance, you were back in your house, everyone else was also here.

The teleport was a success, nothing had gone wrong, you hadn't accidentally destroyed a country (you hoped) and everybody was now looking at you.

"So that's it eh?" Joseph spoke up. "Wasting so much of my day just for some flashy lights and your soul to get a paintjob?"

Caesar elbowed Joseph in the stomach as Jotaro tipped his hat.

"Yare Yare Daze, well, me and Kakyoin are heading home, have a decent evening I guess." The duo then walked out of the house.

"I think that Joseph and I will go too, enjoy yourselves Signore and Signora." They too left the house, leaving only you and Chara there.

"Sooo, Whaddaya wanna do?" Chara asked, the excitement now fading from her voice and stature.

"I'm going to try something I haven't tried in a decade." You stated, walking out of the front door as you summoned the glowing Overwrite button again, watching it gleam as you placed your hand over it.

*Bleep*

nothing happened, you pressed the button again.

*Bleep*

yet again, nothing happened, you pressed the button a few more times, becoming more and more desperate as you did so.

*Bleep*
*Bleep*
*Bleep*
*Bleep*
*Bleep*
*Bleep*

You let the button dissipate, a small frown on your face, he was really gone.

Forever

You really should have been expecting it to fail, I mean, a new attempt won't hurt but it sure as hell made it harder to get over the fact he was gone.

"Hey, you okay?"

You looked back to see Chara looking at you from the doorway.

"Y-yeah, I was just gonna see if it worked, guess not though."

You were expecting it to work, I mean, heaven ascension Dio could do it, so why not you?

You ignored the question in the back of your head, sighing as you went upstairs and threw yourself in bed, letting sleep take you.

<==To be continued...===============

sorry i haven't been uploading, more school homework and getting vpns and crap for writing in school, short chapter for filler ig, have a good day