Chapter 22

We had arrived back at the compound along with everyone else.

Everyone besides me and Clint cheered that it worked until they noticed us.

"Clint where's Nat?" Bruce asked.

There was silence, all we could hear was our sniffling.

"Poppy?" Steve cried.

"It was supposed to be me! She bet her own god damn life on that stone" I cried.

Clint stumbled to his knees still crying, he had lost his best friend. And I had lost was going to be sister in law (Steve was going to propose to her once all of this is over).

We were outside, Bruce was kicking some stubble on the ground.

"Do we know if she had any family?" Tony sighed, he wiped his face showing no more tears.

"Yeah, us!" Steve said, he had the most tears.

Thor came over scratching his beard.

"Why are u all acting like she is dead? We can get her back!" He chuckled.

I looked up at him, I looked at him in despair. He came over and patted me in my shoulder.

"Stop acting miserably! We can get her back"

"Doesn't work like that" Clint barged into the conversation if it was one.

"It was a soul for a soul" I replied.

Clint gave me a nod saying that it wasn't my fault or his. It still felt like my fault though, it broke my brother's heart and I was the one to witness her sacrifice herself.

Later on in the day Tony made an Iron Man gauntlet for the six infinity stones while Bruce and Rocket watched. Nebula went off somewhere but I couldn't be bothered to go find her after the day I had.

"Its done." Tony said looking at everyone, one at a time.

"so, who's gonna do it?" Me and my brother asked.

Thor and Tony had a little argument about who did it but they settled it since Bruce stepped in looking mighty.

"It's like I was made for it." Bulk (Bruce+hulk) sighed eagerly.

Bruce was ready to put on the glove. Tony activated shut down system and covered him and Clint with their holographic shield. I stood with my brother as he got his America shield out and I made a glowing orb with my hand.

"AERHHHH!" Bruce groaned as he collapsed onto the ground.

"Get it off of him!" Thor said.

No one listened.

"GET IT OFF OF HIM!" Thor shouted this time, he walked quickly up to Bruce but I assured him that its ok.

"Bruce? Bruce are u ok?" Cap asked nearly yelling.

"I can do it!" Bruce gasped.

His fingers snapped, everything went gold then back to normal. Bruce fell on the ground, his arm was basically burnt off.

"Hold him still." Stark said as he froze Bruce's arm and put it in a cast.

Birds were singing outside as well as playing. Me and Scott walked up to the window, it was shining with happiness.

"I think it worked guys!" Scott raged in joyfulness.

A phone was ringing, i checked it with Clint and it was his wife that blipped away.

Clint was so happy. But i was still wondering where Wanda was. Maybe she didn't make it. No she had to! If Clint's wife did then she did!

Suddenly, there was a huge crash. The building crumbled down and the sun was no longer shining. It was dark and gloomy. But also mystic.

"Can- can anyone.." thats all i heard through the ear piece connected to our superhero suits.

I moaned and grumbled in pain. I flew up and everything was destroyed.

"Guys! GUYS!" I cried.

"Down here!" Thor spoke looking straight ahead.

I flew down to Thor where Tony and Steve was, they were all looking at a purple figure. Thanos.

"What's he been doing?" I asked, my breathing went jittery but I managed to steady it.

"Nothing, nothing at all. He's just been sitting there." Tony whispered.

I looked around and noticed the stones were gone.

"As long as he doesn't have the stones we can fight him off" Steve sighed holding his shield tightly.

We all went down to Thanos. I'm not sure where everyone else was but I didn't have a good feeling.

"You couldn't succeed the first time, where did that bring you? Back to me." Thanos muttered as he stood up and picked his long metal. Sword that was split by a pattern.

Thor yelled, he struck lighting towards Thanos, Thanos was pushed back but used his sword to hit the lighting back, that made Thor hit himself into a large part of the building now turned into a rock.

Tony projected his lasers onto Cap's shield making it hit Thanos but that didn't work either.

Steve grabbed Thanos's head from behind and I created a massive orb from my hand, it was like a planet. I pushed it inside of Thanos but he pulled Steve off of him and threw him onto the ground hard. Thanos tried grabbing my neck but I flicked his arm the other way until he got with with his other arm. I made him bleed a little, he fell onto the floor from all the pain but he headed towards Thor to finish the job.

I was trying to catch my breath back but I couldn't, my powers were trying to consume me but I thought back.

Storm breaker swung to Thor and hit Thanos's sword out of his hand, Thor pushed the axe into Thanos but it backfired, it was now Thor that was being stabbed by his axe.

Suddenly, there was this feeling I felt around us. The worthy hammer was lifted but not by Thor, it swooshed by me making me look at my brother. He was worthy!

"I knew it" Thor gasped in excitement.

Thanos pushed Thor into the rock making him unconscious along with Tony.

Steve swung the hammer and ran to Thanos, I lifted my brother up with my powers so he could hit Thanos's head, maybe even take it off.
Thanos was hit and he stumbled back but he got his sword back. He hit Steve and made him fall to the ground, flat on the ground. I ran over too Steve, his eyes were still open by he was covered in mud and blood. I helped him up and we slowly walked towards Thanos but something stopped us.

"Y/n can u read me?" A voice through the comms said.

"Y/n" Cap are you there?"

Me and Steve looked at each other in shock but happiness that they were alive.

"On your left."

A classic line Steve used to say to Sam. We looked on our left and golden circles appeared. Black Panther, Shuri and Okeye walked though it, T'challa nodded at us and put his helmet back on. The Wakandan tribe followed. Sam flew through the circle, gliding around me and Steve. More golden circles appears, Dr Strange and his army, The Guardians Of The Galaxy, Spider-man, Bucky. Everyone was here! There were thousands of people! Thousands of avengers. I had the biggest smile on my face, I looked over at Bucky and he winked at me, I smiled back. But where was Wanda?

Me and Steve joined everyone else, it was a massive Hurd, nothing could stop us now.

"Avengers...Assemble!"