Sports Festival Begins

Izuku POV

I woke up the next morning to see Recovery Girl working at her desk in the office.

Recovery Girl: You should be able to move around and use your quirk in a few hours. Now if you will excuse me I have some business to attend to.

She then left and around an hour later Aizawa woke up.

Aizawa: How are you feeling?

Izuku: Better physically but other than that uneasy.

Aizawa: Why is that?

Izuku: If I tell this to you do you promise to not tell anyone else?

Aizawa: If you think it is that serious then you have my word.

Izuku: Very well then, last night I had a dream where I woke up in my mind to be greeted by a dark being. He then stated to me that he was the element of darkness.

Aizawa: That doesn't seem so bad. You could sue that power.

Izuku: That is where you are wrong he stated that he was a villain and that when using darkness I lose control over my body and he takes over.

Aizawa: Do think it is hard to control?

Izuku: I am not sure for I woke up with my wings horns and eyes being dark black. I believe that it is the villains doing as an attempt to bring me to their side.

Aizawa: I see we will have to look more into it. For now, do you think that you are strong enough to participate in this year's sports festival?

Izuku: I think that it is something that I can manage to win.

Aizawa: Then we will put you in as a participant.

Timeskip to the Sports Festival

I arrived down and gathered around all of the other students to listen to what was going to happen.

Present Mic: WELCOME STUDENTS OF UA! TODAY IS THE ANNUAL SPORTS FESTIVAL!

All Might: Thank you mic. Like he said today is the sports festival. This is a yearly event in which UA students compete in minigames and then proceed on to a fighting match in which to win you would have to knock the opponent out of bounds. Now we hand over the mic to Izumi Yagi.

Izumi: I don't have much to say but what I will say is always be kind to everyone and do your best!

The audience erupted in cheers while I could only help but be disgusted about how big of a hypocrite she was.

Jirou: So you made it out and are strong enough to participate?

Izuku: Yep and I am going to make sure to put that annoying hypocrite in her place.

Jirou: Good Luck!

Izuku: You too!

With that, I walked off to the first event being the preliminary obstacle race. The first part of the race was like your average everyday obstacle course, but it was a lot longer than a usual one. Then the final stretch of the race was a large strip of land scattered with mines.

All Might: Welcome to the preliminary round of the sports festival. This is an obstacle course race. If you don't make the top 42 you will be eliminated. I wish you all the best of luck. 

Present Mic: 3, 2, 1, GO!!!!!!

I was going through the first part of the course in front of everyone with Todoroki, Bakugo, and Izumi close behind. It turns out that the course also had robots because the same robots that I fought during my little evaluations were there. I decided on using my earth quirk to destroy the robots and then began to utilize the ground around me to push me forward faster. Soon I came up to another part of the obstacle course. It was a large dropoff in which you had to traverse across on pillars connected by tightropes. I used my wind and just boosted myself over the gap. I look back and saw Izumi jump over, Todoroki boost over as well as Bakugo boosted over. I ran and got to the final stretch of the race, the minefield.

Bakugo: Out of the way nerd this competition is mine to win!

Bakugo began boosting his way ahead of me slowly followed by Todoroki and Izumi. I used my wind and caught up to them quickly and then cerated an earth wall in which they all ran into causing a few mines to go off. While they were dazed I took my chance and began flying over toward the finish. Soon enough the others caught up to me and shot ahead of me. I began looking around for options until I decided to create an earth shield and use my wind and a little boost from the mines to shoot forward. I slammed my shield on the ground and began shooting forward through the sky.

Bakugo: What the hell is that?

I looked down and could see Bakugo staring up trying to see me so I used my wind and boosted ahead and landed over the finish line granting me 1st place and a spot in the next round. After I came Bakugo then Todoroki then Izumi.

Todoroki: Weren't you just in the hospital Izuku?

Izuku: Yeah why?

Izumi: You were injured why are you out here participating.

Izuku: Because nobody tells me what to do especially you.

I looked over and saw Bakugo demanding the cameraman for a replay to prove that he had won when in reality he hadn't. About 2 minutes later the rest of the 42 qualifying participants including all of class 1-A had passed over the finish line.

Jirou: Did you do what you said?

Izuku: Not fully but partially yes.

All Might: All right the next event you need to get into a team of four. The game is called Cavalry Battle. The goal is to steal the other team's headbands all the while keeping yours on. Gather your teams and meet me back here.

The team that I was a part of consisted of me, Jirou, Todoroki, and Kaminari.

Jirou: SO do we have a specific plan.

Izuku: Try to stay as a group if not hope the damage you do is not too fatal.

Todoroki: Works for me.

Kaminari: I don't see any problems with the plan.

All Might: All right, ready set begin!

My team immediately shot off in different directions. Jirou and I went towards Bakugo's team consisting of him, Izumi, Kirishima, and Momo.

Bakugo: Are you challenging me, nerd?!

I didn't even respond I quickly used my wind to take his headband and then shot him towards the stadium wall I looked over to see that JIrou was fighting with Izumi. I went over and began using my fire to distract Izumi while Jirou used her sound and boosted in taking her headband. Finally, I sent her flying into the wall rendering her unconscious.

Izuku: Great job!

Jirou and I high-fived and met back up with our team when the event ended.

All Might: The highest scoring team was team Izuku! Second place goes to team Bakugo! Finally, third place goes to team Shinso!

The crowd erupted in cheers for the winning teams.

All MIght: Now the moment all of you have been waiting for! The one-on-one tournament! The brackets will be announced momentarily and then matches will begin!

Jirou: Who do you want to fight?

Izuku: Bakugo and Izumi. I don't think our last run a couple of months ago was enough.

All MIght: Thank you all for your patience the first match is set to begin. Will Izuku and Hitoshi Shinso please enter the arena!

That concludes the ninth part of Izuku of the Elements.

I own nothing but the storyline.

Everything else belongs to the rightful owners