✨1✨

The Jacksons will be in this book at some point though. I'm including Jackie, Rebbie, Latoya, Michael, Tito, and Janet.

1986

*Press Play*

Jacky's POV

Another summer morning in the Clark household. Since it's only our second week here, I decided to take the girls by the beach so we can soak in some of Cali's rad rays.

Jacky: "Niecy, Twink, Doe, and Kay.... I'm about to go to the beach so y'all better come on!"

Dorinda: "Coming!"

Twinkie drags around the corner, leaning on the sitting rooms white walkway frame.

Twinkie: "D-Do I have to go?!"

Jacky: "Twink... you've been locked in your room for almost a week. Let John go babe. Plus, doctor says that you need to walk around, or the boot will have to stay on longer."

Twinkie: "Fine! I'll go! Let me grab my shades and few books."

I snicker as she hobbles away with an attitude and yell out "Leaving in 10 minutes."

Denise: "Jacquelin Lenita Chiz-hum, don't rush the chef, or imma put pickles
on your sandwiches!"

Jacky: "Free trip to the hospital for me!"

Denise: "Damn it Nita! You're so ....ugh!"

Jacky: "We do this everyday Darchell.... you should be used to me by now...."

Denise: "Shut up bi-"

*Front Door Opens*

???: "Now I KNOW... y'all aren't in here arguing early this morning! Jacqueline Lenita Denise Darchell!"

Denise and Jacky: "Yes papa?!"

Papa Clark: "Cut it out!"

J&D: "Yes sir."

Papa walks up to me and kisses my cheek after he get out his work coat. It's placed in the family's mahogany coat hanger near the front door. After I got my kiss, Niecy, Twink, and DoeDoe got theirs too.

I loaded up the car, and asked niecy and the rest if they were ready. And if so, to sit in the front while I went to see if Karen was ready.

Papa Clark: "I see that we're missing one. Where's my baby girl?"

Twinkie: "S-shes still asleep. The pain pills they prescribed us are kinda strong"

Daddy nodded his head, and asked me to follow him upstairs. When we made it to Ashley's room, he knocked to see if she was awake. There was no answer, so we walked in to see Karen sprawled out on the bottom bunk.

Daddy was better at waking people up, so I let him do what he does best.

Papa Clark: "Baby girl... Valenciaaaaa.... Val... Jacky, wake her up for me please."

Karen laid on her stomach with her face deep in her pillow. Her left arm was bandaged up, and her right had a pink cast on it.

Since sleepy wasn't waking up, Daddy asked me to pick up a now 16 year old Karen while he started her some bath water.

Daddy made her water, filled up the tub and walked out. He came back in about 3 minutes later with some multicolored neon shorts and a white wifebeater on, toting what looked like a mesh bag and a garbage sack.