✨3✨

Omniscient POV

In the late hours of the same day, the Clark sisters and their father had been urged by both Karen's Doctors and Jacky to go home and get some rest. Jacky sat up reading a few of the provided magazines while eating a few snacks to see if Karen would wake up.

To no avail, Karen remained sleep. Jacky looked at her sister and decided to order her something to eat. Jacky ate dinner, watched TV, and soon found herself using the bathroom in Karen's room to take a shower. When she was walking out, the card that was given to her by Jackie Jackson had fallen on the ground near Karen's bed.

Jacky eyeballed the card long and hard before sighing and calling the eldest Jackson, whom she shared a name with.

*Ring* *Ring* *Ring* *Ri-*

Before the eldest Clark Sister could speak an unfamiliar voice had answered the phone.

??: Hello? Hello?!

Jacky: Uh- Uhh yes! I know that it's fairly late, but I was wondering if I could speak to Jackie. It's really important and I don't want to forget by not saying it now.

??: Everyone is supposed to be sleep, but since it's important, I'll pass him the phone..."

Jacky: Thank you so much. And could you tell him that this is Jacky. The lady that he met at the bea- I mean at one of his press events not too long ago.

??: *chuckles* No need to fix your phrase home girl. I'm rebbie. I brought them to the beach, so I know about what happened. I'm surprised Jackie didn't ask for me to handle the situation, but if you're as pretty as your voice sounds, I'll let him handle the case.

Jacky: Thank you Mrs.Rebbie. I appreciate this.

Rebbie: You're Welcome. And there's no need to call me "Mrs." My boyfriend HASNT popped the question yet. Oh! And here's Jackie. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help you guys.

Jacky: "Okay. Will do!"

While Jacky waited for Jackie to speak, she sat the phone down and cleared her throat and picked up her notebook. She wanted to sound as professional as she possibly could. I mean, she IS on the phone with the FINEST of the brothers.

Jacky: "Hello? Are you there Jackie?"

Jackie J: "I'm here sweet cheeks, how's the baby doing? We didn't hurt her too bad did we?"

Jacky: "Not really. She has a concussion and most likely some slight nausea. Doctor had to cover her eyes though cause she got some sand in them. And what's bad about that is that the sand scratched up her eyes really bad. Shes gonna need glasses, but that's pretty much it."

Jackie J: "I'm so sorry for all the trouble we caused. We didn't mean to. I swear. We'll do whatever we have to to make it up to you ladies. Especially the little one."

Jacky: "No thank you. I know anyone else in you guys place would've thrown money our way and gotten on down. But thank you. And thank yall, you know, for caring."

Jackie J: "No problem sweet cheeks. You guys are our friends now, that if you guys were willing to accept our friendship even after what's happened."

Jacky: "Of course Jackie. Well, I really can't speak for the others, but I accept your apology as well as your friendship...."

Jackie J: "That's great... so, I was wondering if you umm.... had a boyfriend, or girlfriend, or just someone you claim as yours?"

Jacky: "I have a friend..."

Jackie J: "Oh..."

Jacky: "But I thinks it's time I start to explore my options. That's if you'd even go anywhere with me! *laughs*"

Jackie J: "I DO want to go somewhere with you. That's why I asked if you were in a relationship. Because I want you to myself."

Jacky: "You want me. Are you sure you wouldn't want to take Dorinda out instead?"

Jackie J: "Which sister is that? Cause I had my eyes set only on you...."

Jacky: "..."

Jackie J: "Jacky.... Jacky! Sweet Cheeks? You there?"

Jacky: "I-I'm here... I'm just surprised that you're really wanting to take me out. How about this. When Karen's good and settled, we can spend the entire day together. Until then, you guys have to come over on Tuesday's to have lunch with us... that's only if you- y'all want to."

Jackie J: "I'm sure the boys would like that. *stair creaks* hold on a second... be quiet-"

I covered my mouth and listened quietly. Jackie's breathing had quickened after he told me to hush, so I thought something bad was going to happen. After awhile, his door opened fully, and in walked one of his brothers.

Jackie J: "Sorry about that, it's only Tito. Say hi Tito."

Tito: "Hey sweet cheeks! It is I, Tito the great!"

The three of us laughed before I noticed Karen stirring.

Jacky: "Uh guys, I'll have to talk to y'all later. Karen looks like she's snotty to wake up."

Jackie J: "Really! Maybe we can come by  tomorrow. You take care of the little one, sweet dreams sweet cheeks."

Jacky: "Okay. Night Jackie."

Jacky J: "Night."

I hung up the phone, smiling to myself. I've got a date with Jackie Jackson. Keep smiling on my good, cause I promise you I'll do right!

Karen shifted uncomfortably in the bed, frowning  visibly.

I got up and sat her bed up some. She stopped moving and settled back down. Mom would normally place a kiss between her eyes, so I did just that. She smiled faintly and stopped moving all together.

Since it was officially the next day, it was time for me to catch some z's. I was tired, but not worn out. I was mainly thankful that the Jackson's were able to cooperate and be helping hands in this situation.

I turned off the bedside lamp and laid down.

3:00 am

It's 3 in the morning and I was startled awake, due to Karen's beside vase dropping to the ground. I look over to see her on her side mumbling something that I can't really make out. I lightly toss my throw blanket off of me, pull my legs in front of me, and slide in my house shoes.

The closer I got, the more I could make out her mumbles.

Karen: "I'm sorry. Please just leave me alone. Leo is coming back soon-"

Wait- Leo was home. But mamma told him to stay put! Why did he leave her alone?

Jacky: "Karen? Leo left you at home? What are you talking about?!"

Karen: "Please stop! Stop.... You're hurting me- I can't breathe-"

Jacky: "No no no! Karen wake up! Wake up!"

I tried shaking her awake but it wasn't working. I then grabbed her bedside remote, mashing the call button for a nurse. I could've sworn I had mashed it like 20 times, and no nurses came.

Karen thrashed around a little longer before sitting up and screaming-

Karen: "MOMMY! Mommy where are you?! I can't see! I can't see!"

Jacky: "Hey hey hey. It's me. Apple Jack. Calm down sister. I know you feel like you're alone but I'm here this time... I'm here. And I'm not letting anything happen to you. And I'm sure as hell not letting you go."

Karen: "Why Jacky...Why'd he do that to me... why me?!"

Jacky: "I don know Kare Bear. But rest assured, he's gonna get what's coming to him."

Karen: "...can you hold me Jacky. Don't let me go please-"

Jacky: "I can do that Kare Bear. Just get some rest. Everything's gonna be okay. I promise..."