✨17✨

Time Skip

Karen's POV
Making it back to our house, we saw that it was just us and Mayleen. Daddy asked for Ashley to unlock the door so Janet could go inside and sit down.

Before I could fully get Janet out of the car, we all heard Ashley screaming.

Ashley: *screams* "No no no! Dad! Help! Somebody please help! MOM! Mommy please!"

Daddy picked Janet up and I closed the car doors so we could see what was wrong. Rounding the corner we saw Ashley holding onto an unconscious Mayleen. Mayleen looked really bad. Like she had gotten beat up or something. I mean, who would hit a pregnant person.

Daddy sat Janet on the bench near the door and asked for used to call an ambulance. Scrambling to answer their questions, I heard them rounding the corner.

In came 4 people. 1 woman and three men. The woman asked me questions while the others were making sure mayleen had a pulse before they moved her. It took them 5 minutes to try and get Mayleen breathing again. I helped Janet into the den while they did all of this because we dont need her getting sick again.

Kissing Janet and heading back upstairs, i watched from the top of the mini stairwell as the EMT's carried Mayleen away. Daddy said he'd be back, but Ashley just stood there without responding. I ran over to her, giving her the biggest hug i could. She stood still sniffling every one on a while.

Once she was calm enough, we headed downstairs to sit with Janet. Maybe watch a movie or two while we waited to hear back from daddy. Before the three of us were able to settle in, a knock sounded off.

It was loud, so we assumed it was one of the boys. That was before we heard an all familiar voice.

Joseph: "JANET! Let's go! I know you're in there. Come on! We have to go."

Janet shook her head while looking at us with bucked eyes. I can't have her going home with him. Over my dead body. She didn't want to go, so I wasn't gonna make her. Ashley and I helped Janet up before hiding behind one of the hidden doors.

The banging got louder and louder before our nosy neighbor Mrs. Baptist came outside. The conversation wasn't exactly clear, but I inferred that she was able to convince Joesph that we weren't there. Another 20 minutes went by before Ashley asked could we get out. Janet was laid up against Ashley asleep, so we were definitely in the clear to leave the closet.

Climbing out of the closet one by one, we were finally able to breath. Joseph Jackson has to be one of the scariest people alive. But not too scary if you get what I mean.

A few movies, board games and popcorn bags later, we found ourselves asleep on the den floor. That was before Rebbie and Jacky came rushing in. I saw Rebbie pick up Janet when Jacky had woke me up.

Jacky: "Come on! Come on! We gotta go to the hotel."

Rubbing my eyes and mouth I was confused. Hotel? For what? Doesn't Jackie have his own place?

Karen: "H-Hotel? What happened? And where is Ashley. Wheres Janet and Rebbie? I saw-"

Jackie: "Kare Bear. Get up! Come on. We have to get out of here before Joseph comes back. Everyone and everything is in the car. Lets go!"

Nodding, i got up and grabbed my favorite throw blanket and converse. My socks were still on but we had to leave. In the car sat LaToya in the front with Ashley laying her head in her lap asleep. Rebbie had an asleep Janet in her lap. They were behind LaToya. Twinkie was sitting behind Jackie. So I guess that meant I would be in the middle.

Twinkie: Come on Kare! Lets go before his crazy self pops up!"

Climbing over Twinkie. She slams the door as Jackie is backing out. Jacky is able to speed off before Joseph pulls in.

We drove for what seemed like hours before meeting the boys. Pulling up, Jacky let down her window before talking to Jackie.

Jackie: "The babies in there?!"

Jacky: "Yes! Thank god. You father pulled into our driveway as soon as I pulled out. We need to go to the house NOW! Dad is gonna stay with Uncle Terry and Auntie Ronnie. Joseph doesn't know them and neither does Mayleen... I mean. What the fu- You know what. Never-mind. Lets go so I can cook for everyone. Y'all got the snacks and food I wrote down?"

Jackie: "Yea. I made sure those knuckleheads bought what you needed baby."

Jacky: "Thank you. Now lets get on the road. We've got 3 long weeks ahead of us before our trip."