✨2✨

Papa Clark: "Well! At least you and Ashley have something you guys can laugh about. Twinkie... not so much."

Karen: "*laughs* I hope Twinks not mad at me. I apologize everytime I see her."

Jacky: "She's not mad Kare. Upset? Yes! But not mad. And look on the bright side. Both of y'all's cast are coming off in about 3 weeks!"

Papa Clark: "And when they do, it'll be time for us to head to the mountains for our first hiking trip. Mayleen will bring Ashley and Austin, and we'll spend the weekend there. How does that sound?"

Karen: "That sounds wonderful dad!"

Papa Clark: "Alright! I'm gonna put on my swim trunks and meet y'all downstairs. Love you Apple Jack. Love you Cookie Monster."

Karen: "Love you too daddy."

Jacky: "Love you too old man."

Karen

When dad left the bathroom and closed the room door, Jacky helped me slip into the tub and take a bath.

I turned my body towards the wall of the tub so Jacky could properly wash my back. She gently ran the loofa against my supple skin in an effort to not hurt me.

I'd hiss every now and then when the loofa rubbed up against a semi open scar, but it wasn't anything too bad.

The only sound that echoed throughout the bathroom was the sound of my sweet smelling water. Jacky stayed quiet during times like this. Mainly because I'd often think about him....

"...Where are we going today Jacky?" I asked pulling the both of us out of our thoughts.

"To the beach. So we can swim and eat a few things on the boardwalk. Is that okay with you?"

"I don't and can't drive, so what must I complain for. You know I don't care. As long as I can get a corn dog and an ice cold Pepsi. I'm fine with whatever y'all want to do today."

"Okay Mattie *giggles* I'll get your corn dog and Pepsi before we start swimming."

"Thank you. Now if you don't mind, can you close you eyes so I can wash my lady parts?"

"Chile I dont want you! But I guess I can!"

Jacky scrunched up her face and rolled her eyes before turning around. I splashed her with a little water before cleaning my lower half. I took the lathered up towel Jacky laid on the side of the tub and cleaned my lady parts.

Jacky asked if I was done, and I told her I was. She grabbed me a fresh towel, and wrapped it around my body. I sat back down on the edge of the tub and took out the plug so that I could clean it out.

Jacky had grabbed my ointment and placed it on my arm that had scratches on it before putting bandages back on it. I dried off the rest of my body and removed my garbage bag before getting dressed.

Since I wasn't swimming anyways, I put on a cute red and white top with some red shorts and flip flops. Everyone else had on swimsuits under their clothes, so it really didn't matter what I was sporting.

Daddy had asked from the bottom of the stairs was I ready and Jacky had yelled back "yes sir". I grabbed my camera and backpack and ran down the stairs.

Papa Clark: "Woah woah woah! Slow down kid! The beach isn't going anywhere, but you will be if you don't slow down."

Karen: "Yes sir. Is everyone ready?"

Dorinda: "Yes Lil girl. We were waiting on you!"

Karen: "Dorinda. Don't start okay? I'm pretty sure Mister Mister wouldn't like that? Now would he?"

Dorinda: "Shut up Karen! Dad! Make her shut up!!"

Papa Clark: "Karen! Leave your sister alone! And Dorinda, it's okay! Don't get upset... we're about to go to the beach!!"

Jacky: "Dad's right! Stop being a bug Karen. And Dorinda, chill. Denise did the same thing to me."

Denise: "Sure did! Who has something to say about it? No one? Good! Let's roll!"

At The Beach

Just like she said, Jacky bought me a corn dog and a Pepsi. In an effort to apologize I guess, Dorinda came behind Jacky handing me a bag full of pink cotton candy. I accepted the bag and her apology. For now.

While the 4 of them played around and swam, Twinkie and I relaxed in our beach chairs with everyone's snacks in the cooler between us. I ate my food and read the newest JET and Ebony issues listening to Dorinda's radio. Twinkie on the other hand had some hippie boohoo thing going on today. She was asleep with her Walkman in, listening to who knows what, with her left foot elevated.

*Radio*

Alright folks. Let go ahead and play our most requested song of the day. The Jackson 5, Blame It On The Boogie

"Ooooohhhhhh yeah. Daddy! Our songs on!"

Papa Clark: "Coming Val! Give me a minute!"

Since daddy was still deep in the water, I hopped out of my chair and sang to the Jacksons. I danced around with Dorinda's radio, imaging that I was apart of the group myself. I held my stance as I waited for my turn to dance. As soon as I was about to do Michael's infamous spin, I was hit with something and everything went black.

Dorinda's POV

Dorinda: "Oh my god! Daddy! Something hit Karen!"

Papa Clark: "Oh god! Niecy go start the car. Jacky get to you sister so I can see if I can find a medic or something."

Denise: "Okay dad."

Jacky and I took off towards Karen, and daddy ran to the on duty life guards. When we reached Karen, a couple of boys and two girls had ran to us.

Dorinda: "Get back! Please get back! We don't know you crazy people!"

???: "I'm sorry miss. But my brothers were trying to see if the young lady was okay. That's a brand spanking new football, so I know that hurt."

Dorinda: "W-Wait... your stupid brothers did this?!"

???: "It was an accident! I swear!"

???: "Joseph's gonna KILL US!"

???: "No more escape from the devil at the beach. Thanks Michael."

???: "Shut up Tito! If you would've caught the ball this wouldn't have happened. For you to be 'tHe  InCrEdIbLy TaLeNtEd OnE' you sure do act like a moron! Your head is already the shape of a lego, stop acting stupid! It makes your head bigger!!"

Jacky: "ALRIGHT THATS ENOUGH! My baby sister has been through enough! Stop the arguing and shut the hell up! As for you Jackson's, who's the oldest...."

???: "Jackie... she's talking to you bubba...."

Jackie: "I'm the oldest one here ma'am. And I'd like to apologize once more. Here's our business card if you need anything. I hope I didn't do too much damage."

Jacky: "*mumbles* I know what kind of damage you can do- I- I- I mean- *exhales* I'll call you after we've left the ER. Hopefully it's just a booboo to our baby. I'm sick of seeing her hurt."

Jackie: "Thank you. And I'm sorry for being so rude. But these are my siblings: Tito, Latoya, Michael, and the little shy one is Janet."

Jacky: "We know who you guys are. But nice meeting you all in person. I'm the eldest, Jacky, Denise ran to get the car, this is Emma, but we call her Twinkie, this is Dorinda, and the one in my arms is the baby, Karen."

I stood shocking and continued to take in Tito's appearance. He made a good Christian girl want to cuss, because GOD GAWD he's fine.

The Jackson's stood around and continued to apologize and make conversation as we waited for Daddy and Niecy. Daddy ran our way as Niecy was blowing the horn. According to him, the closest hospital was 20 minutes away. I woke up Twinkie, grabbing Karen's backpack and my radio. Twinkie grabbed her things and to the hospital we went.