Soothing A Spider-Baby To Sleep

A/N: Happy Saturday everyone! 🥰 Please enjoy this Sleepy!Peter and IronDad!Cuddle fest ❤️💙❤️💙

__________

It's well past 1am and Peter couldn't sleep.

He tosses in bed again, reaching up to fluff at his pillow for the millionth time that night, huffing in frustration. He doesn't know why he can't sleep, it's not anxiety, it's not stress, hell, it's not even nightmares , but no matter what the spiderling does, he just can't seem to get comfortable.

"Ugh," He says after a few seconds, sitting up and throwing his covers off of his legs. He reaches up, rubbing at his eyes with a fist, clambering out of bed.

The carpet under-foot is cool in the night air and the boy shivers. He contemplates for only a second if he should get back in bed and just try one more time, but dismisses the thought with a shake of his head, knowing that the only person who can truly help him is just down the hall.

Luckily, the crack underneath Tony's door is bright with a soft yellow light and Peter carefully tip-toes out of his room. He hopes that his dad isn't too annoyed at his late-night guest and the spiderling swallows, brushing goosebumps from his arms. Peter stops just outside his father-figure's room, hesitating with one hand held up to knock.

Maybe this isn't a good idea, after all. Peter bites his lip, shifting from foot-to-foot. Tony might not even actually be awake and then I'll just look really stupid.

It's a good thing Pepper and Morgan decided to stay at the lakehouse for a mother-daughter bonding weekend, otherwise Peter would be embarrassed for a whole different reason.

The spiderling lets out a harsh sigh through his nose, lowing his arm and crosses them instead. He glances down at the glow under the door one more time before turning away, intending to slip back to his own room and suffer through his insomnia alone.

"Peter?" Tony's voice, more alert than Peter would have thought at such a late hour, startles the boy and he jumps, whipping back around just as the billionaire opens the door. "Bud?"

"Uh," Peter clears his throat, glancing anywhere but at his mentor's concerned face. Instead, he watches as the light from the arc reactor shimmers against Tony's prosthetic arm, the metal illuminated a dim blue. "Hi, Mr. Stark."

"Good morning to you too, bug." Tony says, reaching out to rest a warm palm against Peter's shoulder. "You doing okay? Did you have another nightmare?"

Peter shakes his head, forcing himself to finally meet his father-figure's eyes through the gray-blue tinged darkness. "Just -- Couldn't sleep, I guess? I dunno honestly, but I-I can just go back to my room, I don't want to bother you --"

"You aren't bothering me, bambino ." Tony tugs him closer, wrapping an arm around Peter's shoulders and the boy leans into the touch, following the man as he leads them over to his bed. "I'd rather help you out then read another work email, trust me."

Peter blinks, climbing into bed when his dad lifts up the covers, snuggling down into the pillows. "This late?"

"Yeah, kid, that's what happens when you procrastinate and have three meetings to go to before 10am." Tony shrugs, sliding into his own spot and putting his StarkPad aside. "So, uh, don't do that."

"Noted." Peter laughs, grinning even wider when Tony opens his arms. The 15-year-old doesn't even hesitate before cuddling closer, nuzzling underneath his mentor's chin. "How'd you know I was outside, by the way?"

"Oh," Tony waves a hand, illuminated by the pale-blue glow of the arc reactor. "My Dad Senses were tingling."

"You mean Friday told you?"

Tony reaches down, lightly flicking Peter's ear and the teen swats his hand away with a startled laugh. Tony lets out his own laugh after a second, smoothing back Peter's messy curls with one hand, his other curling tighter around the boy, holding him close.

"How about we both calm down now, hmm?" The billionaire whispers, settling down against his own pillows. His voice vibrated through his chest, rumbling underneath Peter's cheek like a comforting thunder and Peter cuddled even closer, closing his eyes. "Tomorrow's a busy day for both of us and I want my spider-baby to be well-rested."

"You've gotta go to sleep too, Mr. Stark." Peter says, the words getting distorted by a huge yawn that nearly causes his eyes to water from the force. "Set a good example."

"Like you ever listen to me, anyways." Tony shoots back, before sighing. "But yeah, you're right, bambi, it's bedtime for the both of us, huh?"

"Hmm."

Peter feels his dad let out another soft sigh, before a sweet kiss is pressed against his forehead.

The spiderling nuzzles closer, opening his eyes only for them to slip shut a second later, reaching up with a hand to grip at his mentor's nightshirt, twisting the fabric in between his fingers. He blinks slowly a few times, vaguely aware of Tony starting to rock them from side-to-side, humming softly under his breath.

Peter's almost positive this is what the man used to do to get Morgan to fall asleep when she was a baby and the boy blushes bright red, his chest expanding in warmth.

The last thing Peter feels before he succumbs to dreamland is another kiss, this time against his temple, and the feeling of Tony holding him even closer, the man's own breath evening out.

They don't wake up for the rest of the night.

__________

A/N: Thank you for reading!! 🥰