Grandkids And Grand Schemes

Prompt by @anon: Okay so I was just thinking about grandpa! Tony sneaking behind Peter's back and taking his grandkids shopping when they are supposed to go to school only to come home to Peter sitting in front of the front door in a swivelled chair wearing the Tony Stark look of disappointment.

Disclaimer: I do not own Spider-Man or any related materials.

__________

"Oh, uh," Tony says, clearing his throat and attempting to push his now giggling grandkids behind him. "Heya, kiddie, didn't see you there—"

Peter, for his part, just looks unimpressed, cocking an eyebrow and crossing his arms. "Uh-huh, Dad, oh please do go on."

For a split second, Peter looks so much like Tony that the man's heart skips a beat.

Reaching behind him to close the door to his son's apartment, Tony winces as Ben tugs at his tie, setting the young boy down and watching as he rushes to Peter's side.

"Daddy, Grandpa took us shopping and-and we got so much stuff." Ben rambles, practically bouncing out of his skin. "We had t-to take it all to the Tower though, it was so much!"

Peter chuckles as he stands up from his chair, the wheels squeaking. "Is that right, Benny? What did you get?"

"Oh no you don't Dad!" Virginia, Tony's granddaughter, says, pointing a finger up at her father as she steps from behind Tony. "We aren't telling you, it's a surprise!"

"But we did have lots of candy!" Benjamin giggles. "Lots and lots of candy!"

Virginia nods, her brown eyes shining. "Cookies too and-and Grandpa got us huge milkshakes."

Shrugging helplessly when his kid turns his accusing gaze toward him, Tony follows his family as they make their way into the kitchen. Peter, sighing as he opens the fridge, speaks over his shoulder.

"Why don't you guys go put on a movie and Grandpa can help me make some popcorn?"

"Can we watch Elf?" Virginia asks, already beginning to walk off, her little brother in tow.

"Sure, sweetie, but not too loud."

Leaning against the cool counter, Tony waits for the kiddos to run into the living room, their laughter trailing behind, before beginning to grab some bowls from the cabinets above.

"I know you're excited to spend Christmas with the kids, Dad, but you have got to wait until they are out of school first." Peter finally says, popping a bag into the microwave and pressing START. "They need to finish their homework before eating dessert."

Shifting on his feet, Tony let's out a small laugh. "You didn't seem to think that when you were in school, buddy."

Brushing his father's hands away when Tony reaches to play with his hair, Peter begins filling the small bowls with popcorn once the microwave beeps.

"Yeah yeah, you'll never let that go, will you?"

Tony laughs louder this time, finally catching Peter off guard and ruffling his hair as his son huffs in fake protest. "Not on your life, bambino."

"I'm not a baby, Dad! I'm 35-years-old."

Flicking a lose curl behind Peter's ear, Tony reaches around him and grabs the now filled bowls with his free hands. "Still my Spider-Baby though."

Letting out a chuckle of his own, Peter doesn't protest when Tony tugs his closer, wrapping a protective arm across his son's shoulders.

"Does this mean you're not mad at me anymore?" Tony asks as they make it to the living room, the television lit up and his grandkids sitting on the couch.

Peter nods with a laugh, sitting down beside Virginia and scooting over for Tony to settle beside them. Ben, climbing up onto Tony's lap, kicks his small feet in time with the intro song. The couch cushion sinks with all of their combined weight.

"Nope, not mad." The spiderling answers, smirking in a signature Stark way. "But when Ben ends up throwing up all this yummy popcorn later tonight, you're on clean up duty."

Tony just sighs, pulling his family tighter against him.

It wasn't more then five minutes later, however, that Ben pukes all over the end of the couch, the coffee table and the carpet.

Yep, Tony deserved that one.