An Agony And A Fire (The Stars Burn)

Prompt by @Olivia-ivy!: If ur still taking prompts, Peter gets appendicitis?

Disclaimer: I do not own Spider-Man or any related material.

                              __________

It started as a small stomach ache.

A dull throb that wrapped around Peter's right side, jolting his ribs and causing him conceal a wince as he bounces down the stairs of Midtown High, Ned by his side.

"You okay, dude?" His best friend asks, side-eyeing him with concern.

"Yeah." The spiderling says, rubbing at his ribs. "Why?"

Ned shrugs, moving out of the way as a group of girls pass. "I dunno, you didn't eat lunch and you just seem, like, off. Are you sure you're fine?"

Peter just nods, trying to smile as they pass the parked cars near the door, eyes scanning the crowd for his Uncle. Finally, he spots the man, Happy's frown visible as they get closer.

Hitching his backpack further up his shoulders, Peter gives a small wave, turning to Ned before Happy could call him over.

"I'll text you tonight." The spiderling says, squinting as the late afternoon sun slithers down through the trees. "I'll talk to Dad about seeing the movie on Sunday, see if maybe I can convince him to let you sleepover tomorrow."

"Shouldn't be that hard, bro. Just use those puppy eyes of yours and he would probably let you get away with murder." Ned laughs, jostling his arm.

The jab of pain this time is sharp and quick, like an electric shock. Peter grits his teeth, forcing his cry to still in his throat as he continues to tease his friend, finally walking away with a fist-bump when his Godfather beeps the horn.

Opening the car door, Peter ducks into the seat as Happy glares at him through the rearview mirror.

"Took you long enough, kid." The Driver grumbles, starting the engine and pulling out of the parking lot, tires crunching over the gravel. "I was about to up and leave you here to web home."

"You wouldn't dare." Peter snickers. "You love me too much."

Happy just rolls his eyes, pulling on his shades as they turn a corner. Reaching out, the young Stark adjusts the AC, turning the knob to the uppermost dial and leaning back against the leather with a small wince.

"You feeling hot back there, Pete?"

His Godfather's sudden voice startles the teen from where he was staring out the window, watching as the changing leaves drift out into the crowded street.

"Y-Yeah, a little." Peter says, pulling slightly at the collar of his sweatshirt. HIs neck is wet with sweat, anxiety fizzling in his stomach. His hands shake. "Must be from the layers I'm wearing."

Happy lets out a cross between a laugh and a grunt, the car coming to a stop as they come to a traffic light. "Then take 'em off, kid."