Steal My Mind But Don't Take My Heart (Please)

Prompt by @abyssal-glory: oooh superfamily 1 or irondad 4!! (4. "Oh god... what did they do to you?")

**TRIGGER WARNING FOR TORTURE AND GRAPHIC VIOLENCE**

                             __________

It had been a long last two days.

Tony sits up from where he is hunched over a computer screen, his back popping from the sudden movement. On the screen, Peter last recorded vitals move back and forth, his past heartbeat thumping through the speakers.

His son was taken after school on a late Wednesday afternoon. It is now Friday and Tony has been searching non-stop for the past 48 hours, tracking security cameras and vitals from Peter's watch.

The watch that must have been broken or taken off of Peter because there was no way in hell his kid would ever willingly take it off.

Rubbing his stinging eyes, the billionaire begins to pace in front of his chair, moving his hands up to tug at his hair as Peter's heartbeat echoes through the lab.

The sound pulls at this own heart, his chest aching at each recorded record of his baby's life that floods out of his computer. His lips pull in a snarl even as his eyes fill with frustrated tears, his body trembling.

Where the fuck is his son?

The sudden sound of his lab door swinging open pulls Tony from his thoughts and he comes to a halt as Rhodey walks toward him.

"Did you find anything?" Tony asks immediately, sucking in a small gasp as his fingers drum on his leg. "Rhodey?"

His friend just shakes his head, his face drawn as he sits in Tony's chair, the wheels squeaking.

"I searched the whole city, Tone." Rhodey says, deflating a little. "There was no sign of him."

Tony feels panic settle into his bones, his nerves seeming to vibrate. "Let me go out again, honey bear. One more round–"

Rhodey holds up a hand, sitting up a little. "No, man. You stayed out all night last night and almost fell from the sky twice. You can't find Peter if you crash into a building, Tony."

"That was one time."

"It doesn't matter."

Turning back toward his still blinking computer screen, the genius clenches his fists, his nails digging into his palm. "I-I can't stay here. I can't."

"I know, man."

"I need to find him." Tony sniffs, teeth grinding. "He– Rhodey, it's been two days."

"We'll find him." The other Avenger says, standing up. "We will."

"They–" Swallowing down bile, the billionaire watches as Peter's lifeline blinks again and again. "–they could be doing anything to him, and I can't do anything about it."

And that's the thing that hurts Tony the most, the thing that tears him up and leaves his insides looking like ribbons at a fun fair.

Anything.

Out of the corner of his eye, Tony can see his friend extend a hand in his direction, the other man's mouth opening to offer a comfort Tony knows will do him no good.

Friday's sudden voice from above startles both superheroes and they jump, eyes widening as she speaks.

"Peter's heartbeat has been detected by my Babysitter Protocol, boss. Do you want me to send you the location?"