The Dog Days (Are Just Getting Started)

Prompt by 1) @Anon and 2) @iloveyoupeterparker: 1) Here's a prompt idea if you're taking them: Peter sneaking a dog in after he found it helpless on the streets after a long duty of spider-ing :D. 2) ok i was scared to give this prompt and wanted to go in anonymous but i'm pretty sure u disabled that cause people r mean :(. anyways here's a lil prompt peter sneaks dogs and cats behind tony's back and just shoves them in his room, and tony's noticed he's been putting leftover steak from dinner in his pocket just to go back in his room??? and what's up with that???

________________

When Peter comes home with a stray dog hidden in his arms, he realizes he didn't think this thing through.

Holding the squirming pooch close to this chest, the boy carefully climbs the last few feet up the Tower wall until he pulls his window open, dropping into the room with less grace than normal.

Reaching up to tug his mask off, Peter listens for footsteps from outside with bated breath. Hearing none, he sighs, gently setting the small dog on his bed.

"Hey girl," The spiderling whispers, reaching out to pat the little furry head. The dog, her brown eyes tracking Peter's movements, nips at his fingers. "Ow, that hurts, you turd."

The dog's tail wags and Peter smiles as her paws sink down against the mattress, her little head pushing against his hand as she lets out a small whine.

Then she lets out a bark and the boy feels his blood go cold.

Shit. He can hear his father's footsteps traveling down the hall now and Peter flails for a second, before quickly picking up the dog and setting her down in his closet, her small whine of protest cutting into his heart.

He has just closed the door, making sure not to hit her, when Tony stops in his doorway.

"Hi, kiddo." The billionaire says, a dish towel hanging from one arm. "Dinner's almost done so get washed up."

Peter nods, praying with everything in him that his stowaway stays silent. "O-Okay, sounds good."

But his dad must have heard something in his voice because he frowns, taking a step into the room. "Is everything alright, buddy?"

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine." Peter says, looking away from Tony's dark, concerned eyes as his gut fizzles with guilt. "Just-Just really hungry."

The boy feels his father's eyes trace over him before the genius backs away, his hand still held up in a questioning gesture. Swallowing, Peter quickly presses the spider in the middle of his chest, feeling his suit slack around him as he steps closer to his closet door.

"I'm gonna get changed now." He says, turning away from Tony and faking nonchalantness. "I'll be down in a few, I promise."

Tony, hovering in the doorway for a few more seconds, smiles. "Don't take too long. I made your favorite and we wouldn't want the pasta getting cold."