Screaming Baby (Scared Steve Shitless)

Prompt by @just-the-daydreamer: Hey congrats on 3000 followers!!! I remember when I joined a little while ago and seeing your blog and then seeing you reply and answer stuff that I sent and seeing how nice you were and just thinking 'wow she's popular and nice' I love your blog a lot and hearing your weird thoughts which are odlly relatable??? I wanted to request a fic? Maybe a Baby Peter meeting the Avengers even though Tony tried to hide him? Or teen Pete meeting the Rogues? Either ones fine. I love your blog and your work!!

Disclaimer: I do not own Spider-Man or any related materials.

__________

"Clint, I swear if you wake him up..."

Look up from the sight of his newborns precious face, Tony glares hard at his fellow Avenger as the archer walks into the living room. Clint, for his credit, only manages to flinch a little, sitting down beside Tony as the billionaire rocks his son.

"I thought you said you wanted us to meet him?" Clint says, both adults looking up as the rest of the team hovers in the doorway. "I mean, we can wait a little longer if you want?"

Tony signs, shaking his head and gesturing with his free hand for the others to join them. "No, no Legolas, it's alright. I can't hide him from you crazy people any longer."

Natasha raises an eyebrow as she walks to stand beside the arm of the couch, peering down at Peter's sleeping face with a small smile. "He's beautiful, Tony."

Tony feels a burst of love and pride expand in his chest, looking down at his son and rubbing a gentle finger across his baby's soft cheek. "Yeah, yeah he is, isn't he?"

Peter yawns in his sleep, turning his little face further into his father's chest with a soft sniffle. Tony can practically see all of the Avengers melt on the spot, but the billionaire can't judge. He cried for hours when he first held his little boy.

"Peter's still doing okay with the new formula?" Bruce asks from the other end of the sofa, shifting so that Steve can sit down beside him. "And how's his sleeping pattern?"

Tony rolls his eyes. "Yes, Brucie Bear, Peter is doing fine. You would be the first to know if he wasn't, trust me."

The doctor smiles, reaching over to tap lightly at Tony's arm in jest. "Oh, believe me, I know."

Turning toward Steve suddenly, Tony fights down a laugh when the Captain freezes, his blue eyes wide.

"You want to hold him, Cap?" Tony asks, shifting Peter in his arms when the baby whines. "I promise he doesn't bite, at least not while he is sleeping."

"M-Me?" Steve says, pointing at himself.

"I don't know anyone else who is called 'Cap'" Tony says with a laugh. "So, yes you, dumbass."

Steve frowns. "But he's so tiny."

Tony shrugs. "So am I, but you don't seem to mind beating me into the training mat whenever you get the chance. Plus, my arm is starting to fall asleep."

"That's different and you know it." The super solider says with a laugh, but when he looks back at Tony, his face is sincere. "Are you sure?"

Nodding, Tony carefully extracts his son's little fist from his shirt, making soothing sounds when the baby starts to whimper, his little head turning to the side. Quickly handing over Peter to the still hesitant Captain, Tony carefully rearranges his child's delicate body so that he is laying snug against Steve's broad chest.

"There. Snug as a bug." Tony says, leaning back and shaking out his arm as it tingles. "Doing okay, Steve?"

The blonde nods, his blue eyes wide as he looks down at the baby in his arms. "Y-Yeah, everything's fine."

"You sure?"

"Yep."

And for a few blissful seconds, all are quiet as they watch the tiny chest rise and fall, Peter's soft baby hair curling around his ears as he shifts against Steve.

Then Peter opens his eyes, looks up at Steve's now pale face and gasping mouth, and screams.

Tony is already reaching forward to grab his son when Steve looks over, his eyes wide now as Bruce and Clint cover their ears, Natasha smacking the archer in the back of the head when he lets out a cry of his own.

Well, it was nice while it lasted.