Season 1, ep 4, p1

'This is sooo boring.' you thought clearly annoyed, tilting against the wall, hands behind your head. You had to accompany your uncle to this council meeting, and quite honestly it was unnecessary for you to be there, in your opinion at least. "There is a madman running around our beloved city, threatening to tear it apart. We need to create a task force whose sole mission is to find Amon and bring him to justice." Councilman Tarrlok said. "Absolutely not. A move that aggressive would only further divide benders and non benders." Tenzin defended. 

This caught your attention, and made you zone back into the conversation. "Tarrlok, I'm inclined to agree with your proposal. But who would even head up such a task force?" wondered a Fire Nation representative.  "It would be my honor and privilege to accept such a duty. " He bowed, as Tenzin stiffened. "This is just another one of your ploys to gain more power, isn't it?" the airbending master accused. "All I'm trying to do is help." shrugged the Northern Water Tribesman. "Think back, 42 years ago: Republic City was threatened by another dangerous    man--Yakone." 

Looking at his rival, he stated with a smirk, "Your father wasn't afraid to deal with him head on." "This is a completely different situation. And how dare you compare yourself to Avatar Aang!" Tenzin said through gritted teeth. "Amon is not going to stop with the bending triads. Eventually, he is going to come for all of us benders. Our friends, our families." He turned to the other council members. "Vote for this task force and I will stop Amon before it's too late. All in favor?" The other three council members raised their hands, and then all eyes turned to you, as the knew Tenzin's position. 

"Young (Y/N), what say you?" asked the Fire Nation representative. You eyed Tarrlok and your Uncle before sighing heavily. "On this task force of yours, non benders need to be included." Everyone looked at you in shock. Tarrlok sputtered. "What? That is preposterous!" You put your chair down and crossed your arms and legs.

"You both have the right idea of things. And my job here is to play mediator, making a compromise for everyone. Uncle, Tarrlok has a point that we need to show Amon that we will not bow down." The Northern Tribesman smirked at Tenzin in pride, thinking he won.  "However, Tarrlok," he looked back at you to see your (e/c) eyes glowing slightly in the light. "My Uncle does have a point that the divide between non benders and benders could stretch wider. If we were to include an equal amount of non benders into your little task force, it would show everyone that we do care about equality, and the welfare of non benders. I can assure you, if there were no non-benders on this task force, more non benders would join Amon's side and we would begin to have riots, and chaos on our hands."

The other members murmured in agreement. "Yes, he has a point, Tarrlock." said the Earth Kingdom representative.  "Very well, the task force shall include non benders." Tarrlok finalized with a bang of his gavel, before grinning at Tenzin with a sadistic grin. Everyone began to leave, and you followed your Uncle to Oogi. "Don't worry, Uncle. Things will work out just fine." You assured. 

*That Night* 

You were reading a book in the courtyard while Korra was practicing air movements, listening to the jazz music play when suddenly static interrupted  the peace. "Good evening, my fellow Equalists." Your  book dropped and Korra froze before looking at the radio. "This is your leader Amon, as you have heard the Republic Council has voted to make me public enemy number one proving once again that the bending oppressors of this city will stop at nothing to quash our revolution. But we cannot be stopped. Our numbers grow stronger by the day." 

Korra swallowed nervously, you gripped your arms close to your stomach. 'He's not here, (Y/N), you're safe. You are home.'  "You no longer have to live in fear. The time has come for benders to experience fear." The rest of his message was cut off by Nevermore casually using her tail to knock it down, causing the radio to turn off, and to snap you both out of your trance. "That was creepy." You said, picking your book and walking over to Korra. Nevermore crawling onto your shoulders.