Season 1, ep 4, p2

You and Bolin walked up to Korra, who was petting Naga's belly. "Hello, fellow teammate!" She looked up and smiled slightly. "Oh, hey Bolin." Nevermore and Pabu ran off together playing happily. "Missed you at practice this week." Bolin continued awkwardly. "Yeah, sorry about that." Korra turned towards Naga, who continued to wag her tail happily. "Aw it's all right. We're probably out of the tournament anyway. Unless some money miraculously drops out of the sky by tomorrow. Anyway, reason I came by was to give you this. Ta-da!" 

He held out a pretty red rose and a cupcake wrapped up neatly in a plastic bag. "Wow, thanks. What's this for?" She wondered. Bolin's eyes widen from where he was currently handing you a (favorite treat) and a yellow rose. "Uh...oh, I can't remember now. Oh, yeah, now I remember. You guys saved me from Amon." He smiled happily like a puppy who earned a treat. 

"Oh that? It was no big deal." she shrugged it off, while you rolled your eyes, gently watering the flower in your hand.  " 'No big deal?' Are you serious? I was totally freaking out when he was coming at me with his creepy mask, all: 'I will take away your bending forever.' I mean that is scary stuff. I still can't sleep well." He sighed, sitting next to Korra on the steps who hummed.

Your (e/c) eyes narrow at her suspicious behavior. "Delivery for Avatar Korra." You all turned to the stringy man. "Tarrlok sends his compliments and urges you to reconsider his offer." He smiled pleasantly. "Tell him I haven't changed my mind." "Yes Avatar Korra. Oh, Councilman (Y/N)? You have a letter from Waterbender Master Katara." "O-Oh, thanks!" The man bowed and left Air Temple Island. "Whose this Tarrlok guy? Is he bothering you? Huh, 'cause I could have a word with him." Bolin threatened. 

"Heh, no. It's not like that. He's just some old guy who works with Tenzin and (Y/N) on the council." Korra laughed at Bolin's goofy nature. "Oh good. Good, that's better. I like that better." Bolin rubbed his hands together, making you raise an eyebrow curiously, before shrugging it off. You sat next to Korra and opened Gran Gran's letter. 

'Dear (Y/N), 

                         It sounds like your ESP powers are starting to show. Do not worry, all will be explained when you come visit me. Take care of  yourself.

                                                                                   Love, Gran Gran.'

You sighed, making your bangs puff slightly. Typical: elders seemed to like talking in riddles. "Everything okay?" Korra wondered. "Yeah, just some Grandmother Grandson stuff. Nothing to worry about." You smiled before you all yelped when Nevermore and Pabu rolled by squealing, and nipping each other. "Ah, Bolin! Help me!" The two of you raced over to your respective animals who were very aggressive and unusually angry with each other.

"Hey, what's wrong girl? This isn't like you." You frowned, as Nevermore pouted. Bolin laughed uneasily. "It's like their siblings, huh, (Y/N)?" He laughed sheepishly, tending to Pabu's wounds. You chuckled dryly,  wrapping Nevermore's wing, while sending Bolin an amused look. "Reminds me of when we first started training together for pro-bending." The Earthbender had the nerve to grin impishly. "Wait, what happened the first time?" Korra asked curiously. "Well.." 

*Flashback*

You step sided an Earth disk and a burst of flames before sweeping underneath their feet with ice cold water. You then took off your blindfold, walked over to the side of the arena to see your teammates and friends frowning and pouting (in Bolin's case) up at you. "How?" Mako said blankly, looking more serious than a 10 year old should. It's been two years since they became a family with the pro bending gym. You've still had a ways to go before you fully knocked down Mako's walls, but he's slowly warming up to you.