Season 1, ep 7, p1

(3rd POV)

Korra frowned, as she switched the washcloth to place on your sweaty forehead. Apparently you made yourself sick from worry. You've been unconscious for about 3 days and your fever finally broke. Your (h/c)  was plastered to your forehead, and she carefully brushed them back, gasping softly seeing your bright blue arrows. 

You had your arrows? Korra quickly ran through her lessons on the history of airbenders, and knew they got the arrows when they did something amazing or completed their training. She studied them and thought back to other tattoos she'd seen and realized yours were a at least a few years old.

Groaning cut her thoughts short as you shifted in your bed. (E/C) eyes lazily looked around the room, before you shot up in your bed with wide eyes, rambling. "Holymonkeyfeathers!Whathappened? Igotta--" As you made a move to get off the bed, you groaned, an arm wrapping around your ribs. "(Y/N), slow down! You're still really hurt!" the Avatar cried, helping you lay back down. 

You relaxed as she used some cool water to go over your injuries. "KK?" you whispered softly, calling her one of the many childhood nicknames you've given her. She smiled, pausing in her healing. "You haven't called me that in forever." "What happened? Why are you in my room? Why does my body hurt?" You wondered, watching her put the water back in its bowl. 

"I have a few questions for you: When did you get your arrows? How long have you had them? What happened to you before you rescued us?" You sent her a raised eyebrow with that ever patient look you were well known for. "Okay.." she sighed before explaining everything.

*A few minutes later* 

You placed your head in your hands, gripping your hair slightly. "Tahno really lost his powers? Amon was there and we lost him?" You asked in disbelief. The blue eyed girl nodded. You sighed, before rubbing your temples. "Headache?" she asked, holding out some water and medicine tablets. "Migraine." you corrected, taking the medicine before going to take your pajama shirt off. She told you, your Uncle was the one who changed your clothes while you were out.

"Whoa whoa whoa! What are you doing?" Korra shrieked, covering her eyes and turning the other way. You chuckled, before finishing unbuttoning your shirt. "Kor, I have a tank top underneath." She turned around, sheepishly, before studying your tattoos. "I've had them since I was 8." you stated simply, hobbling over to grab your hairbrush. 

"How come you've been hiding them for almost 11 years? How have I not notice?" Korra watched as you brushed knots out. "I'm not embarrassed of them, not at all. But.." "But?" she prompted. "I would be a bigger target if people knew I was a dual bender, Korra. The sooner you  learn that people are mean, greedy, selfish, and unforgiving monsters, the better." You turned away from her, clearly done with the conversation. 

She studied your tense back before standing up and heading for the door. "I'll go get Tenzin." And she left, leaving you to your thoughts. A few minutes later, you heard your Uncle enter. He looked at you to see you looking at your tattoos in thought. "Penny for your thoughts, Nephew?" he asked quietly. "Korra found out about my tattoos. She asked...why do I cover them up." The airbending master hummed, stroking his beard. 

"What did you tell her?" "Nothing she doesn't need to know about. No one needs to know but me....not even my father." You met grey eyes in the mirror and saw he was nodding. "Very well, (Y/N). But if your father did know, and I know my brother, he wouldn't be angry with you. No one is." You glared at your reflection, before turning away to go shower. 

"I am."

*Timeskip*

You followed Korra to the arena, and left Neo and Naga outside, knowing that they won't cause any trouble. Korra wanted to ask more questions about your tattoos, but by the way you were acting, she knew better. You led her up to the brothers' apartment above the arena and walked in to hear Mako talking.