Season 1, ep 8 p3

"Republic City stands as a beacon of freedom, but the Equalists are using that freedom to tear it down. The law I have proposed would make it illegal for anyone to be a member of the Equalists or even be associated with them. It also puts into effect a curfew ensuring all non-benders are in their own homes by nightfall." Tarrlok stated firmly, in the council room. 

 "This is going too far Tarrlok. You can't punish all non-benders for the actions of a few." Tenzin protested.  "That kind of cowardice will cause our city to fall into Amon's hands. We must pass this law. All in favor?" Tarrlok polled. The rest of the council raised their hands, in favor, making Tenzin huff angrily, and Tarrlok smirk at the irate airbender. 

(Meanwhile in the city)

Team Avatar, sorry the new Team Avatar, were gathered around Asami's Satomobile, eating a quick snack before they continued their nightly patrol. (Y/N) sat on top of his Sato-cycle, back towards the rest of the team. Things were still tense, and he'd rather he didn't get hurt again, thank you very much. 

"All available units, please respond to the 5600 block of Dragon Flats Borough. Equalists have taken to the streets. Consider them armed and dangerous. Proceed with caution." The radio warned.  Bolin jumped in the front with Asami, "I call front!" he chirped. 

"After you." Mako gestured for Korra to go first. "What a gentleman. Thanks." she cooed. Asami narrowed her eyes as she watched them in the review mirror, before speeding off with (Y/N) right behind her. He'd seen what Asami had seen, and he didn't like anything about the whole situation.  (Y/N) revved his engine, and took off ahead of his team? Friends? Ah, he was too tired to think about it.

As they got closer to their destination, they could see helicopters with the searchlights bright as they looked for the Equalists. "Why is the power out?" Korra wondered. (Y/N) and Asami both skid their vehicles to a stop. "What the hell?" (Y/N) asked, seeing the police barricade, with a crowd of angry non-benders, standing at the barriers.

"Wait a second. These people aren't armed or dangerous." Asami said. "Sure doesn't look that way," muttered Korra, eyeing the scene. "Ugh, what now?" (Y/N) grumbled, making everyone turn toward where he was looking. "All non-benders, return to your homes immediately." called a police officer over the speaker. "Yeah, as soon as you turn our power back on!" One man demanded, the crowd agrees angrily. 

"Disperse or you will all be arrested." the officer warned with narrow eyes. "You benders can't treat us this way!" a woman called from the audience, before turning to her daughter. "Mommy look! It's the Avatar!" The woman rushed to the barrier, clenching her children close to her, as police moved to restrain her if necessary. "Please, help us. You're our Avatar too." she pleaded. Korra pushed her way past the guards. 

"Everyone, please remain calm. I'm gonna put a stop to this," she promised, ignoring the officer who was speaking on the speaker, as he adjusted his hat and rolled his eyes at the Avatar. Korra stomped her way over to Tarrlok. He was speaking to another officer when she approached. "Tarrlok, you need to turn the power back on and leave these people alone." She demanded. 

"Avatar Korra, you and your playmates have no business here." Tarrlok hissed. "We're not going anywhere. You don't have the right to treat these innocent people like criminals." Korra didn't back down. "This is an Equalist rally. There's nothing innocent about it."Tarrlok looked down at Korra before looking at Asami as she spoke up. 

"They're not Equalists. They're just normal people who want their rights back." "They are the enemy. Round up all these equalists." He called. The metal benders began using the metal to capture the people, ignoring their scared chattering. They used the Earth to put them in vans to lock them away. "Stop!" Korra cried, using her Earth bending to put the people back down.