Season 1, ep 8 p2

You punched the punching bag, harder and harder. Your knuckles screaming in agony, but not as much as your heart was. Things haven't been going your way for a long time, and you always told them that things were fine, but you were pretty sure that no one believed you anymore. 

Hell, you didn't believe yourself.

Frustrated, you knocked the bag off its hinges and panted heavily. You sat down, and used some water from your water bottle to cool off, and then to slowly heal your hand, jumping when a smaller but feminine hand took your hand and began wrapping it with white gauze. "Huh, is that some sort of pregnant woman power?" You joked, hissing when Pema pulled playfully.

"Call it maternal instinct." She spoke, putting her supplies away, and the two of you settling into a comfortable silence. 

Pema observed you silently. She studied your harden (e/c) eyes, and the frown that was taking up your face. Your long (h/c) hair curling slightly around your waist, reminding Pema of the ocean you were so fond of. How could it be that you were just a small toddler walking clumsily over to her and now you were a grown young man, one of the city's protectors? The Air Acolyte gasped when she felt movement in her belly.

You looked at her alarmed, hands ready to help her if needed. She smiled, and placed your hands on her belly. "This is your older cousin (Y/N). He's one of the strongest people I know." Pema looked down at her belly as she continued to talk to the baby, choosing to ignore your eyes getting misty.

 "(Y/N) is compassionate, curious, intelligent, tough, trustworthy. He has the Northern and Southern Water Tribes, and the Air Nation behind him. He loves with all his might, asking for nothing in return, and that makes people believe him to be our hero. I hope one day, that you and your siblings grow up just like him. When you are older, we got to help (Y/N) remember to love himself." 

Pema looked up at you with a soft smile, seeing you staring wide eyed at her, tears spilling over. She cupped your face, and placed her forehead against yours. You cupped your hands over hers, sniffling slightly. "I love you, my sweet sweet nephew." She cooed, brushing a tear away. "I-I love you too, Auntie." You closed your eyes, feeling tears fall down your cheeks. 

Whether they were tears of happiness or sadness, you didn't know and you didn't care, but it felt so good to cry. To let your emotions out, without being judged. Gentle but strong arms cuddled you close, whispering reassurances into your ear, stroking your hair back. 

All the things your mother used to do. 

That thought made you sob harder, curling in on yourself. 

You were so lost in emotion, you didn't hear or sense the presence of someone nearby. 

Emerald green eyes widen from where the owner was standing. Before you realized someone was there, they left, although not as completely unnoticed as they wished. 

*slight timeskip*

You were listening intently to Pema's baby, moving around in her belly. "Heh, Gran Gran was right. You're having another airbender baby." You laughed as Pema started to rant about wanting a calm non-bender. You led your Aunt to your mother's tree, and were relaxing with some chamomile tea, (favorite drink), and your mother's cookie recipe. 

This always cheered you up when you were younger..minus the tea. "It's an acquired taste," Your mother used to scoff when you made faces of disgust. 

"(Y/N), is there something going on? You've been more tense lately, even for you." Pema asked, green eyes shining with maternal instinct and care. "Yes, but I-I can't tell you. I don't want to put anyone in danger." You admitted, mind flashing to Tarrlok admitting to being a blood bender.