1

“Do you think someone like you can defeat the demon king?”

The legendary magician grabbed her by the collar, and the girl, who was being glared at, was clearly scared.
Even if he didn’t say anything, she knew.
During the battle against the demons just now, she was completely useless. Rather, she had to be constantly protected as she was just being a hindrance.
However, she was not patient enough to be abused one-sidedly as “useless” and stay silent.
If just a little humor was weaved into her objection——this would happen.
She made a stiff smile as tears lingered in her eyes, lightening the mood.
The man laughed at the girl. “Ha.” He thrust her away, and left that spot.
Not a single one of her companions extended a helping hand to her. She raised her voice with an “Ow” as she fell on her bottom.
Her companions faced her with a look of pity and left.

“Even I didn’t want to come too such a place with my own free will……”

The girl’s name is Flamm Apricot.
Due to the prophecy from the creation god Origin, she became one of the heroes who embarked on a journey in order to subjugate the demon king alongside the Hero.
By the way, the other ones beside Flamm were——

The one who thrusted Flamm away just now, the “Sage of Imperial Wisdom” Jean Intage, was someone that could manipulate the four elements.
The one who possessed the ability to pierce a prey from even 1000 ri away was the “God Killer Archer”, Linus Radiance.
The one capable of curing every single wound or disease with her merciful heart and power of light was the “Saintess of Love”, Maria Afengen.
The one who wielded a gigantic sword with one hand and was capable of demolishing S-ranked monsters, “Star Breaker’s Strong Arm”, Gadio Ruscat.
The one who could freeze even the souls of every single one of her enemies with her overwhelming magic power, the “Immortal Witch”, Eterna Linbau.
The one who possessed power that overwhelmed the other heroes, and the one who was born in order to defeat the demon king was the “Hero of Salvation”, Kiriru Swiccha.

And well, the party was formed in order to subjugate that demon king. Obviously, every single person that was summoned was a celebrity. Even Flamm, a country girl, had heard of their names.
In such a gathering, there was no way for a country girl with an unknown ability called “Inverse” and the unheard ability of “all status 0” to be able to fit in.

For this reason, Flamm had been preserving and contributing to parts outside of the battle.
She had gone through more hardships than the other heroes.
Even when she protected someone and got injured, “It was only a waste of magic power to heal her.” Thus, Flamm’s body constantly had fresh bruises and wounds.
Even so.
Even when she was helpful to someone, the others would say, “Don’t do pointless things,” and she would be abused.
Even when someone was slightly hungry and treated them to a light meal, she would say, “Please eat,” and have to lower her head.
Even so——

It was possible for the depressed Flamm to also have a persecution complex.
However, she was clearly being persecuted. She asked herself numerous times as to why she was met with such eyes, and why she was doing such things for them.
So far, she had been repeatedly telling herself “even so,” and bravely preserving on, but.…… Before long, she would reach her limit.

“……”

Before she knew it, someone was looking down on Flamm as she was sitting.
They should’ve gone on ahead, but did they come back?
That hope was crushed by the cold gaze.
That girl was someone who had grown her golden hair up to where she could tuck it behind her ears and her physique not that different from the petite Flamm——furthermore, that pupil carried a strength that even demons were afraid of.
She for sure, was the hero, Kiriru Swiccha.
Although there was nothing to expect from the look in her eyes, for the time being, Flamm gambled on a sliver of hope and called out to her.