12

After a brief respite to regain their strength to walk again, Flamm and Sarah once again sets out deeper into the facility to seek for the exit.
The hallway was in tatters, full of debris.
There are several places where they couldn’t pass because the ceiling had collapsed, but it’s nothing they couldn’t find detours from.
There were no longer any enemies, the corpses used as a trap are now merely dead bodies that had their face gouged, scattered all over the floor.

Sarah: “The effect even reach this far, huh?”

Taking the helping hand of Flamm who was ahead of her, Sarah climbed the wreckage of the wall.
She was about to fall as she pulls Flamm’s hand up, but Flamm stopped her fall.

Flamm: “If we tried to run away maybe we would’ve been dead by now.”
Sarah: “I don’t think it’s a “definitely” rather than a “maybe”. Jeez, who made that…annoying beast anyways.”

After they destroyed the ogre, Flamm found a black crystal falling from the scrap of meat.
Currently, she had it in the bag she carries over her shoulder.
She had dropped it at some point in the height of the battle, but she was relieved that she managed to recover it.
However, the handmade lunch Milkit made that she put in the bag is now but a mess.

Flamm: “Well, no matter how much we want to look for the culprit, we have to get out of here first.”
Sarah: “I feel like we’ve spent quite some time here, don’t you think?”
Flamm: “I hope it’s not yet dark outside…”

As they continued their journey thinking of the outside, their feelings calmed down.
They safely passed the area where they were blocked by the ogre earlier and proceeded into the unknown territory.
They found a room full of columns of gigantic glass cylinder cases, a reference room lined with empty bookshelves and a nap room with sofas and beds in it.
They couldn’t find the exit, and they gradually felt discouraged.
Then, as if their overworked bodies are snagged down with their feelings, it gets heavier and heavier.
But that’ll just be for a little longer.

Sarah: “Is that perhaps the exit?”

It’s the deepest area—no, it’s perhaps originally the entrance.
The door visible beyond the hallway clearly has a different feel than the other doors they come across.
The two looked at each other and smiled.
Their flourishing feelings guide their bodies forward and forward, and they spontaneously walked faster.
Afterwards they placed their hands on the rather solidly-made door and pushed it open.
Beyond the door was a staircase leading through the roof.
On the end of that staircase was a hatch door, and they lift it open after opening the lock.

Flamm: “Alright…!”

Flamm poured strength into her arms, and in turn, the orange light of the sun poured into the underground space they were in.
The corner of the lips of the two rose unconsciously.
As they further opened the hatch and got out, they realized that it was the first place they encountered the grotesque ogre; an open space filled with vegetation.
It seems that the entrance of the research facility was camouflaged by the weeds around.
It has just been several hours, but it feels like it’s been several days since they can breath in fresh air.
Flamm reached her arms towards the sky and “Hnngg—!” stretched her body with all her might.
Sarah too did the same gesture as if imitating her.

Sarah: “Alright, finally…we can…go home…”

She was happy that she finally thought she could get out of the cave……”was”.
But the cave had collapsed and their exit was sealed, so she dropped her shoulders in dejection.

Flamm: “We need to do something about that first, don’t we?”

They completely forgot about the fact that Dain’s underlings had been here.