14

When Flamm asked a nearby house who had their lights on, she asked for help from a lady in her 30s who came out.
She honestly told the lady about Stude who had been killed, that the culprit had been killed by her, an adventurer, and asked her to call the vigilante corps.
The lady was unusually panicked, so she went with Flamm to the vigilante corps member’s house, where Flamm had to repeat her explanation again.
The men were half in doubt until they saw it directly, but ther’s no way they won’t believe what she said after they saw the Stude’s corpse in his bedroom.
Well, at first, they obviously doubted Flamm who was the most suspicious.However, once they saw Milkit who was tightly clinging onto her torn clothes and had to hide her bosom, the atmosphere changed completely.
Flamm didn’t feel okay for using Milkit who was already harmed, but at the very least, the girl herself didn’t mind coming there.
Finally, the suspicion on Flamm was cleared immediately after they found Stude’s stolen money and goods on the corpse of the two men.
Their bodies were sacked and thrown into the forest.
There are no means to judge the dead men, but perhaps dealing their bodies roughly would dispel the worries of the townsfolk.

During that whole day, Sarah was left feeling depressed.
However the next morning when the girl was in charge of Stude’s funeral, she was unusually calm, and she fulfilled her duty well.
She focused on everything entrusted to her and more.
It was precisely because Sarah could be convinced that she was able to do so.

To be honest, Flamm was wondering if she could participate in this funeral service until just now.
Everyone was lamenting the man’s death.
On the other hand, Flamm who was the source of everything was rather relieved that Milkit was alright.

Flamm: “I’m such a heartless person…”

Flamm murmured in the midst of the funeral, where nobody could hear her.
She hated herself.
Milkit saw her master bit her lip, so she tugged the hem of her master’s clothes.
Perhaps she’s thinking of consoling her.
Flamm noticed that sentiment of hers, and her expression slackened. She brought her face closer to Milkit and whispered,

Flamm: “Thank you.”

Afterwards, she entwined her finger with Milkit’s.
As she’d have expected, they couldn’t hold hands which would make them stand out.
However, just with that action, she could clearly feel the girl’s body heat.
Just with the slightest touch of warmth, Milkit naturally smiled.

The afternoon, a day after the funeral, the carriage returned to Enichidae.
Flamm and the two girls loaded their luggage on the luggage carrier and bid farewell to the people in the town.
Sarah was forcefully given money as a thanks for the funeral service, but as expected, she wouldn’t take it.
Perhaps she, too, felt guilty that she was also the cause of the incident to some extent.
They were the ones that brought Dain’s subordinates to the town.
How hypocritical would it be for her if she took the rewards for the mess she had made.

The fact that the culprits are the subordinates of an infamous adventurer and how they came to the town following Flamm had been brought to light yesterday.
Yet the people didn’t put the responsibility on the girls.
Instead, they were thankful that they gave the culprits their deserved punishment, and they were worried about Milkit who was assaulted from the bottom of their hearts.
Without a doubt, those people were kindhearted.

Feeling gratitude to those people, the three boarded the carriage and left the town.
Sarah narrowed her eyes as she stared at the sight of the town growing distant with a hollow expression.

It’s been several hours since the carriage departed.
There were no conversations between Flamm, Milkit and Sarah.
It was the same case yesterday, but as Sarah had something to think about, she had been so deep in thought that she didn’t communicate with the others.
Flamm noticed that, thus she wasn’t able to act jovially.
Milkit is no different from her usual self, but perhaps because of her master, she was quieter than usual.