8

“Thank you for saving it!”

After returning the stolen bag, its owner gripped both of Flamm’s hands while thanking her with tears in his eyes. The man appeared to be around thirty years old, but he had a crooked back and seemed to have a weak constitution. He did not look like the kind of person who should be walking alone through the West District.

“Oh, I’m sorry I didn’t introduce myself. I am Rich Mancathy and I run a small shop.”

He introduced himself politely. His bearing and his clothes both marked him as a member of the upper class. Besides that, Flamm remembered hearing the name Mancathy. Not in a distant memory, but only recently.

Milkit touched her shoulder. “Is that the shop Master visited earlier to buy dinner?”

The two of them had stopped by a large store handling fresh food just before heading back to the West District

“Oh, yes, that Mancathy Shop… no, wait, it’s not small!”

“Ah, you’re too kind.”

Although Rich was not putting on airs, the Mancathy Shop was the largest store dealing with fresh food in the capital. Just about everybody who lived in the capital had shopped there one time or another. While Rich looked a bit scrawny, Flamm was impressed that such a rich person would be so polite while talking to a pair of slaves.

“By the way, what is your name?” he asked.

“Well, I am Flamm. I am registered as an adventurer in the West District. This is Milkit,” Flamm said.

“I serve Master,” Milkit added.

Milkit deeply lowered her head as she was introduced. Thanks to the maid clothes, the overall impression was striking.

“Flamm and Milkit. Flamm, your face seems familiar.”

Rich scratched his chin, lost in thought, while Flamm felt her heartbeat pick up.

“I thought so too,” the young nun added.

As a member of the Hero’s party, Flamm was not exactly a celebrity but she was somewhat well known. Whether it was the people at the church who worked with Maria or the president of a large store who collected information as part of his work, it was quite possible they had seen her face before.

“No, well,” Flamm said, then laughed. “I often hear that I look like a celebrity.”

Flamm was calm as she deceived the two of them. Nobody would imagine that Flamm Apricot would become a slave. Even somebody who had seen her before wouldn’t believe their eyes in the face of the slave brand.

“Ah, I’m sorry if it bothers you.”

“No, I don’t mind.”

“Also,” Rich said, “who is this nun here?”

“I am Sarah Ambiren,” the young nun said. “I am doing my best to serve Origin.”

“Well, thank you for your help!” Rich said. “I just can’t thank you enough.”

“It’s only a matter of course as a nun to fight guys like that.”

Sarah put both hands on her waist and puffed up her chest as she spoke.

Flamm’s mental picture of nuns being pure and weak was being overwritten by the image of a fighter. The two men groaning at her feet probably also couldn’t have imagined they would be beaten and captured by a young nun.

“By the way,” Flamm asked, “what are you going to do with them?”

“I have my bag back,” Rich said, “so I don’t think there’s need for anything more.”