Chapter 1

It was just another boring small council meeting. Joffrey was leaning back in his chair listening uninterestingly to his imp of an uncle talk about the kingdom's finances. "The iron bank has been complaining about how little money is in their vaults. What I say we should do is cut back on the spending and maybe find ways to earn money more efficiently." Joffrey rolled his eyes and scoffed, "Just do what we always do. Raise the taxes." He said waving his hand, clearly annoyed. 

Tyrion sighed and rubbed his temple, "We've done that the last time and time before that and the time before that. Now the people are so poor they can't even afford to buy themselves a decent loaf of bread." Joffrey suddenly rose up from his chair his anger starting to boil, "Well as your king I demand you raise the taxes. So, what if a few peasants starve the people of Flea Bottom are just that FLEAS! No one would care if they died off, less diseases in my opinion." 

Tywin then cleared his throat and spoke causing Joffrey to turn to him, "As that maybe your grace. The people of Flea Bottom resent you enough. Just imagine what could happen if you raise the taxes on the people. They might revolt against you." "That or a man in a green hat and cloak could rob you and give the money back to the poor," Tyrion said jokingly. Joffrey clenched his fists, his face turning red with rage. 

Cersei turned to her son and placed a hand on one of his clenched hands, "It's okay my son your foolish uncle was joking no one is going to rob you." Tyrion snorted and muttered, "Don't be so sure." Cersei snapped her head to her brother. Her face forming into a scowl, "Shut your mouth you drunkard imp!" She yelled, "Respect your king!" 

Tyrion rolled his eyes, "Now, why would I respect a king who doesn't care enough for his people to where he would let them starve?" Cersei was about to speak but Tyrion continued, "Not only are men and women starving but children too. Children from six to below are starving and some of the women are even Pregent. I say we also try and do something for commonfolk of Flea Bottom, because that is what a REAL king does for his people. That is a king I would respect." 

Joffrey had enough, how could his uncle question his rule as a king? The imp didn't even have the right. While Cersei started arguing with Tyrion. Joffrey's rage was now boiling over like an erupting volcano. The noises of his mother shouting and yelling at Tyrion made his rage boil more and more until. . . . BAM! The shouting stopped and all eyes turned to Joffrey.

 His fist was on the table and slowly turning red. His eyes were wild with rage and his breathing was heavy. He then turned to Tyrion and pointed a finger at him, "Don't you dare question my rule as king! YOU PITIFUL IMP! I AM YOUR KING! And I can do whatever I want, if I want the taxes raised than do so, I don't care if a few children starve. They're just a couple of rodents that need to be killed off anyway." 

Everyone was silent and had a mix of different expressions on their faces; Cersei had a look of disappointment. Tywin face was stone cold, and Tyrion had a look of disbelief. After a couple of minutes Cersei was the first to speak, "Joffrey how could you say that? Yes, as royals we look down on Flea Bottom, but letting children starve? children are important to the world for they help build the future of the kingdom." 

Joffrey turned to his mother, "They are worthless and useless vermin, especially the ones in that god's awful orphanage. Which, I now am considering destroying at the beginning of the winter holidays. Yes, that is what I'll do, by the beginning of the winter holidays those little brats will out on the streets. A little gift from me to them.  Doesn't that sound wonderful." He said with a sickening smile.

"Your grace! You can't just throw helpless children onto the street! Especially in the harsh winter! You are already requesting the raising of the taxes. Now you're requesting the destruction of a place for children, who have done nothing. I ask you, if you were a parent would you little your child starve or be thrown out into the street like trash expecting them to fend for themselves? Well would you nephew?" 

Tyrion questioned Joffrey, who just scoffed, "Well of course not they would get the finest clothes and their bellies will always be full. They would be treated like what they are royalty. However, I'm not a parent so it doesn't matter to me. But by all means uncle go ahead and try to change my mind. Just know whatever you do will. Not. Work." 

Tyrion became silent and had a hard expression on his face. How could Joffrey do this? To children of all things this was a new kind of evil. When Joffrey saw that his uncle was done speaking, he smiled cruelly, "Well since this discussion is clearly over. This meeting is dismissed."