Chapter 6

A/N: Just a little heads up in this story I am making Joffrey 19 years old and Sansa will be 18 the rest of the characters ages will stay the same. So all I am asking is please do not get mad at me for changing their ages. This change helps me with my story so thank you. <3

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

~45 minutes earlier~ 

When the door opened, Joffrey walked in coming to see a well sized and neatly decorated study. Joffrey scoffed turning to his guards, "All of you stay outside." He turned to the hound, "Especially you dog." He turned and walked further into the room eyeing every single detail.    

In front of him were two wooden chairs that seemed uncomfortable to sit on. In front of the chairs was an old but functional desk. With its wood scratched and splintered. Behind it stood two bookshelves; one had scrolls, lots and lots of scrolls. There were so many of them Joffrey could tell that the scrolls could easily fall off since there were so many. The second shelf contained well. . . Books. Joffrey's eyes scanned the spines of the worn-out tomes. 

'Westerosi Myths and Legends'   

'Mathematics for Beginners' 

'History of the Seven Kingdoms' 

'Beginner's Guide On How To Speak Ancient Valerian'  

Joffrey's eyes observed more of the study, to his right was a portrait of a man. With a huge gut like his late father king Robert. 'May he rest in hell', he thought. 

His eyes roamed the painting more. The man standing in the artwork had on blue and yellow robes crafted in what looked like silk. His face seemed to look stern and unwelcoming. The man's eyes were a piercing icy blue. His hair and beard were a dark brown that seemed almost black. In one hand resided a golden chalice while the other rested on his hip. The young king's eyes then rested on the medallion around the man's neck. The golden jewelry piece looked important in right. The chain connecting the center looked like vines wrapping around a stone column. Joffrey then gazed at the medallion's center; there was two leopards on the front snarling at each other. 

Joffrey recognized the symbol of the noble house of Wylcotes. There saying, 'Fight your enemies. Never your brother.'  

Joffrey scoffed, 'what a load of rubbish'. Joffrey then heard the sounds of laughter and squealing. The young king turned towards the source, finding an average sized window across the room. Walking towards the window; Joffrey stopped gazing out of it like he would if he were on a balcony. 

Down below the window was a decent sized courtyard, which was filled with children. Dirty, poor and skinny children. Each one looked like they just came from laying in the dirt. Some were dirty others looked scruffy and a handful looked weak and pathetic. 

Joffrey snarled at the sight of the children, "Butch of rats." "Watch yourself nephew," spoke Tyrion from behind him. 'I forgot he was here.'  "Those rats as you call them are the reason why your here in the first place." Joffrey scoffed turning to face his uncle who was sitting on one of the two chairs in front of the desk. "I don't care why I am here. I just want to leave and get back to the palace. I am busy enough as it without trying to worry about playing parent to some dirty worm." 

Yes, that was the reason why the young king was in the orphanage. Ever since the incident in the throne room. The queen reagent along with Tyrion and Tywin set up this little practice for Joffrey. Having to be a parent to some poor orphan child, without his consent, and Joffrey was furious.