Chapter 10

Rosie couldn't help the bright smile that was permanently edged on her face. 

Ever since the king's visit to the orphanage and her official adoption. These last few days have been nothing but endless happiness for the young blonde. 

Nothing could ruin her consistently joyful mood. Not the dismal rainy day that occurred on Wednesday. When the harsh storm, wouldn't allow the children play outside. 

Not when she tripped over a loose board on the steps (A board that the caretaker needed to have fixed) and tore a little bit of her dress. 

Nor, did she pay attention to the looks of envy some of the children give her when she would enter a room. 

She didn't care for any of it. 

To her, all she could think about was finally getting a family. A family that would love her, cherish her, and give her a very lovely and wonderful home. 

Sure, her new father was the king and that her new living residence was to be the Red Keep. Which if she was being completely honest, did overwhelm her a tad bit.  

But nonetheless she was happy, as happy as a child can be. And this child was spouting out dozens upon dozens of bright rays of sunshine. 

' I hope that my new family will love me', were the thoughts of the young 7-year-old. As she walked(more like skipped) down the hall, towards the dining hall. Humming to her herself as she went about her merry way. Not caring as she was once again late for supper. 

Rosie then stopped in her tracks and raised her most loyal companion to her eye level.  

"Lady Maria this is our chance to have a real loving caring family. I know it was not like we expected in our dreams, but it is something," she commented to the doll like it was an actual person. 

The said doll just stared at her back at her with its missing button eyes and almost unthreaded smile.    

Rosie looked at the doll, eyes shining with determination. "Just you wait this is a wonderful thing that happened to us. And we will try our hardest to fit in, right?" 

"Wrong!" 

Rosie gasped at the interrupting voice. 

Shifting her eyes off her doll. She turned to face the newcomer. And long and behold the new voice was Butch. 

And surprisingly he was without his entourage tonight. Yippy dippy doo, how could this get any worse? Rosie could give a few guesses. 

Empty hallway with no soul in sight or within yelling range. Plus, she was carrying a bloody doll while Butch probably carrying a very large dagger. 

Butch was currently learning on the wall. His form being illuminated by one of the torches that were lining the corridors walls. Making half of his ugly mug visible to the girl. 

"It really doesn't matter how hard you try, shrimp. You will never fit in anywhere. You or your little dishrag you call a doll." He replied with a hint of smugness in his tone. 

"I bet, the king will probably dump you off at some other orphanage once he is done with you. Or better yet another land!" The black haired boy soon threw his head back and laughed, clutching his stomach as he bent over. Letting his voice echo off the walls. 

Rosie bit her lip, a slight anger starting to roll off of her in waves. Of course, Butch would be the one to make her seemingly good mood insistently turn sour. 

She didn't get it, not in the slightest. For anytime something happened to her Butch just had to ruin it. She could also count the many times Butch would ruin not just her life but everyone else's as well.