Chapter 9

~Flashback to the Day Before~

"Congratulations little one you're getting adopted", the kind caretaker said with a smile.

Rosie's eyes seemed to widen in shock at the unexpected news.

"W-what?" She had asked, her tiny brain still trying to process the situation.

Lord Tyrion chuckled at the young girl's confusion. "It's true young one, there is no need for confusion." He had said hopping off the chair that he was sitting in, "You are getting adopted today." Finishing his statement with a smile.

No one realized it, but the moment that the Lannister spoke those words to her. Rosie was overcome with an undeniable sense of joy. She hasn't felt such a feeling this much since she met Alice.

Tears started to well up in her bright emerald green eyes. Rosie tried her hardest not to let them fall. The young girl faced the Lannister imp, her glassy eyes met his warm dark brown eyes. Her lips started to tremble as the words came stuttering out of her mouth.

"W-who's. . .

She took a breath, "Who's adopting m-me?" The girl asked timidly.

Tyrion Lannister smiled at the young girl. "Why that would be my nephew here. Stand up Joffrey!"

The teen in question grunted in response unmoved by his uncle's declaration. Staying in his seat not moving an inch.

Tyrion frowned disapprovingly at his nephew. The dwarf glared at Joffrey, "If I maybe frank nephew. That was neither an ask nor a request. So, I will say once again, Stand. Up. Please."

Joffrey gave his uncle a murderous look. Tyrion was thankful that looks couldn't kill. For he was sure that he would've been dead by now.

Fortunately for Tyrion, the said teen stood up from the chair without any of his usual complaints.

As the young king stood up, a single stray tear rolled down Rosie's pale cheeks.

Joffrey scoffed and rolled his eyes in annoyance, "Yes as my uncle said I will be adopting you."

Rosie just continued to stare at the king. Eyes still stinging, she squeezed her doll tightly to her small frame as Joffrey continued to speak.

"Since you are going to be my new 'daughter'," he said straining the word like it was inconvenient for him. Which didn't go unnoticed by Tyrion and the kind caretaker whom both scowled at the king.

Joffrey however, continued ignoring both gentleman in the room. Keeping his eye contact with the little girl Infront of him. Trying to see if she was intimidated by just his mere presence. Surprisingly, she wasn't. The young orphan just kept staring back at Joffrey with a expecting look. 'Interesting', he thought.

"You will have everything provided for you at the palace. Servants will wait on you hand and foot. You shall be dressed in the finest silks and fabrics in all of the seven kingdoms. From the soft fabrics of the south to the luscious furs of the north. No longer would you have to dress in these rags you call clothes. And best of all you will be the named princess of Westeros." Joffrey pinned the girl with his gaze, and Rosie couldn't help but keep staring back into his ice blue eyes.

Joffrey broke his gaze with the young girl to turn his attention out the opened window. Towards the sky, which was now set in a blazing orange-red hue. Reminding him of a blazing fire.

"I will take you out of this place. To give you a true home. One that is fitted for a princess", he said eyes still transfixed on the burning sky.