Chapter 4

The young king stalked through the aged hallways of the orphanage. As he walked, his eyes darted to and frow glancing at the faded portraits of old caretakers and children long remembered. Decorating the empty halls.

"Remember, this is only an important life lesson for the future. You need to only pick one," Tyrion voice rang out breaking the silence amongst the group. Joffrey scoffed, "I know that! I can't believe mother actually agreed to this. Grandfather is expected but her. Doesn't she realize that this is a complete waste of my time. I am the king, ruler of the seven kingdoms. I should be attending to other things."

"Oh really? And what pray tell might those be, your grace?" Tyrion asked with a hint of sarcasm. Joffrey started to think it over trying to find a reason that would satisfy his uncle. It didn't take long before Tyrion spoke again, "you know I can make a clear guess as to what your 'kingly duties' are."

Joffrey eyebrows scrunched together waiting to hear what Tyrion had to say. "Your duties my king, are to cause unnecessary wars. Slaughter your people like their pigs. Starve your people to which a riot happens out on the streets. And in your spare time you terrorize an innocent girl from the north. Am I right?"

Joffrey scowled and stopped walking causing everyone to stop with him. Joffrey turned to his uncle. Anger starting to slowly rise, "You know nothing about what I do as a king. You are beneath me you worm. You have no importance." Tyrion shrugged, "But yet I am important enough to be on your small counsel."

Joffrey grounded his teeth together turning to walk away. "That kind of attitude is exactly why your mother wants you here." Joffrey fist clenched, "What did you say?"

"All I said was that your attitude is the reason why your here. My darling sister believes that with this experience you will suddenly have a change of heart towards the people. And your grandfather thinks it is an appropriate life skill", Tyrion said.

Joffrey turned back to his uncle confusion written on his face. 'Why is he telling me this? Their just rats. The lot of them all rats in this pit they call a home. This place is just a disease. Once I get rid of this place everything will be...' Joffrey trailed off in his thoughts. Searching for the answer as to why they were here and to why his mother would agree to something as dense as this. Suddenly it came to him like a heavy storm on a summer afternoon.

The reason being what he thought it was Joffrey realized that he was here for the sake of those little brats. He was here two weeks later after the small council meeting and the throne room incident with the stable boy. And now he was suddenly here, none of it was a common coincidence. They put him here for this purpose alone and it was hilarious.

Soon Joffrey burst out laughing at the irony of the situation. He was laughing so hard that Tyrion and the guards started to think he was going loony. Soon Joffrey got a hold of himself and started to slowly and mockingly applauded to Tyrion. "I must say uncle great job. And to think I actually figured out your little scheme." Tyrion raised his bushy eyebrow in confusion, "What do you mean scheme?"

Joffrey smiled, "Well it is funny how you take me here to this," he gestured to the orphanage in a lazy manner. "Place, right after I gave justice to that boy. Along with what happened at the small council meeting two weeks ago. It's now no wonder why the three of you really want me to come here. It's to protect the runts." Joffrey bent down and got into Tyrion's face, "I told the lot of you at that pathetic meeting. I will see to it that this place is burned to the ground."

Joffrey then raised himself up to his full height again gazing down at his uncle again, "By the way once those children are thrown out onto cold. Just imagine what they will do to keep out of the cold. All I can see is children dead by winter's end. Can't any of you see it? Uncle what do you think?"

"None of these children deserve what you're giving them. They deserve better lives and better futures. They need to be loved nephew, not dumped on the streets in the cold to fend for themselves. But you need to understand. I know you want to be the greatest king the seven kingdoms has ever seen but this," He says gesturing to Joffrey, "Won't make you a king. It will make you a tyrant."

Tyrion then started to walk past Joffrey with Ser Bronn in tow, "Come now we need to still speak with the caretaker." For a while there was silence, no words were spoken amongst the group. The only sounds breaking this uneasy silence was the clicking of the guards' metal feet on the cold stone floors of the building. However, the silence was interrupted by distant squeals and laughter.

upon hearing this Joffrey face soon scrunched in irritation; as the sounds got closer and louder, but still somewhat distant. The group then turned another corner and stopped facing an old wooden door. Joffrey's eyes ran over the door; the wood was dark but looked worn. However, even though it was still strong and sturdy. The hinges were old and rusty so was the handle. Joffrey scowled, disgusted by the door's appearance.

He then turned towards his guards glaring at them with a stern look, "Well! What are you idiots waiting for? Open this blasted door!" The hound soon came forward and grabbed the door's handle. Joffrey stared at him, "Open it dog! I don't have all day." The hound grumbled under his breath but opened the door. Letting Joffrey and Tyrion along with Ser Meryn walk through with him following closely behind.