Chapter 2

Rosie was sitting in the hallway outside of the orphanage caretaker's office. Her head was down, and her blond curls were covering her tear-stained face. As she cried silently clutching her stuffed doll, Lady Maria. To Rosie, Lady Maria was her family. Even when Rosie finally got the real family she deserved, she will always have Lady Maria. 

Rosie was like all the other children in the orphanage, she longed to have a family. She wished for a caring, kind and beautiful mother. A strong, brave and sensitive father, and maybe a sibling or two. She dreamed of living with her family in a big cottage in the countryside. With a huge field of flowers, from the sweet fragrance of Lavender to the blood red petals of a Rose. Roses were always her favorite. 

On every occasion some of the children were lucky enough to get adopted. Every time there was an adoption day Rosie always tried her best to make a good impression. However, she was always unlucky, for the people of Kings Landing always looked for the best of the best especially the noble class. 

The nobles that came by always looked for strong, beautiful and cared for children. Rosie wasn't like that. Rosie's hair was a nice dirty blond, but her green eyes always seemed dark and lifeless. Her little freckles and round face fit her smile perfectly, but her skin was a pale color. Rosie's body was also very thin, so thin that it felt that any type of wind or small breeze could blow her away. To the children it was Rosie's appearance that made her frowned upon by adults. Which was the main reason why many of the children mocked her for they knew she would never be picked. 

The more she thought of this, the more she cried in that empty hallway. Then the door to the office swung open and Rosie stopped crying. Lifting her head, Rosie peaked through her curtain of hair to see four kids walk out of the room. The kids looked angry and when their eyes connected to Rosie's they all snarled at her walked away. Rosie watched them walk away and disappear down the hallway, she didn't look away until a soft gentle voice called her name, "Rosie, you can come in now." 

****************************** 

Rosie sat on her bed with her knees to her chest, her arms hugging them closer to her. Rosie sat in silence thinking over what caretaker Aaron said. 

~Flashback~ 

"Rosie, I know being in a place like this is hard. I know your pain of not being able to find a family, but don't worry I believe that the gods are choosing a perfect family for you just give it time. Who knows they might come in a few months, or they might come tomorrow and they're going to love you. Don't lose hope so quickly, your appearance doesn't decide if you will be loved or not. Your personality does, so don't let what the other kids say get to you because I know you will be picked. Just believe Rosie, just believe." 

~Flashback Ends~ 

Rosie smiled at the memory, she took her doll and hugged it tight to her chest then she got up and turned towards the window beside her bed. She smiled at the sight of the moon and stars. Rosie always loved the stars for they always made her feel safe and she never felt lonely. The stars were always there for her. Plus, she loved stargazing she hoped that one day she could do it with her new family. 

Suddenly, a shooting star flew across the horizon. Rosie's face brightened at the sight, she put down her doll and clasped her hands together closing her eyes. "Starlight, starbright the first star I see tonight. I wish I may I wish I might, please grant my first wish upon morning's light. Please, help me find a nice family. Who will love and care for me like their own, please." 

She took a deep breath and opened her eyes gazing at the sky once more, and for a split-second Rosie saw the stars twinkling brightly as if they understood what see wanted. She smiled again and grabbed her doll turning back towards her bed. Laying down and pulling the sheets over herself she smiled closing her eyes. Dreaming about the family that was waiting for her.