Chapter 3

"This is highly unfair; I AM THE KING!" Joffrey screeched inside the carriage. He was still angry and annoyed by the day's earlier events. "I can't believe your making me go to that disgusting orphanage. I am a highborn royal while they are just specs of dirt with legs", he said while looking out the window. Tyrion rolled his eyes at his nephew, "Will you stop being so over-dramatic. You brought this upon yourself; after what happened in the court the other day this is your punishment." Joffrey turned his head towards his uncle. Eyes wide, eyebrows furrowed, "What do you mean punishment? I just showed the people what happens when you steal from the king. That little runt deserved what he got." 

"That 'little runt' was an 8-year-old boy. With a sick little sister, who was just a YEAR OLD! He asked you if you could help his sister by asking the Grand Maester to look her over. But instead, you say no. Which caused him to steal. And you decided to make his punishment a public spectacle", argued Tyrion. Joffrey chuckled low, "Well it was fun hearing his screams as that whip made contact with his back." 

Tyrion looked at Joffrey with his mouth agape, "How can you say, let alone do something like that to a helpless child? Do you even realize that child could've died. Have you no shame?" Joffrey shrugged turning towards the window, "I actually don't feel shame, because I stopped and made an example of a thief. Besides the worm is probably dead anyway, along with his baby sister." Tyrion exhaled, "Actually, the boy and his sister lived." 

Joffrey snapped head back to his uncle, "WHAT!? When did this happen? I demand to know." Tyrion smiled at Joffrey's outburst, "Well after the boy's punishment was done your mother asked the grand maester to heal the boy's wounds. And to cure his baby sister's illness the boy is working in the red keep as we speak." "WHAAAAT!?" Joffrey was now in a burning rage. His mother betrayed him and ordered the boy's injuries to be healed. 

Not only that but the sister was treated as well, making Joffrey even more angry at his mother for going behind his back. He put his head in his hands thinking everything over. After a few minutes a question popped into Joffrey's head, Probably the most important question of all. He lifted his head up scowling at the dwarf sitting across from him, "Why am I going to the orphanage?" 

*********************************** 

Soon the carriage pulled to a stop and Joffrey looked out and snarled as the carriage was right outside the orphanage doors. The orphanage was located near both the middle section of the city and the poor section also known as Flea Bottom the lowest and frowned upon section by the city's upper class. 

The building looked old and run down but was still seemed strong and sturdy. The brown paint was slowly peeling off the walls and some of the windows were cracked. All in all, the building was an eyesore. 'I will be glad when this horrid thing is gone', Joffrey thought to himself as he climbed out the carriage with his uncle flanked by three guards. Joffrey looked around, frowning he saw several people bustling though the street. While some were on the ground dirt covering their bodies. Sad and painful expressions on their faces. 

"Bunch of dogs", Joffrey commented rudely, "The sooner we get this over with the better. I don't want to be here for long." Joffrey then walked up the stairs ignoring Tyrion's sigh. 

As Joffrey climbed the stairs, People nearby studied him curiously and fear. Some evened looked angry. Joffrey shrugged off their looks and approached the doors of the orphanage. One of the guards came up opening the door for him. Joffrey looked at the open door frowning and walked inside.