- Chapter five -

<<Serena>>

Oh no. Oh no no no no no no no. This can't happen. It's okay, this isn't real, it's just my mind preparing me on how to deal with the worst case scenario. It's probably Julie's voice in the back of my head trying to be my moral compass. It doesn't matter, it doesn't and I can prove it. 'How?' you may ask, because I simply have too much going on in my life right now to deal with these weird Julie and Luke type feelings.

"Once again, thank you Ursula's Fish N' Chips!" "We're Sunset Curve!" "Tell your fiends!"

The crowd actually cheers instead of humming and booing. Wow, that's different. We see the boys get ready to make they're way over to us. Like always, we roll our eyes and grab towels from behind the counter, only to be met by a surprise when we look back up. Willie.

"Hey girls, how's it been?" He asks, a small smile tugging on his lips. Julie and I look at each other in shock and I speak up,

"It's been fine, how are things with your Dad's store?"

"The usual, him nagging, me getting annoyed, then him telling me about how Jay always did what he was told." Willie says, rolling his eyes and throwing his head back in annoyance.

"Aw, that sucks. I'm sorry." Julie says sympathetically.

"Meh, what can we do? It's not like were getting off of here anytime soon." He says, Julie and I getting uncomfortable at the mention of getting off. Willie notices this and sends us a questioning look, about to speak up before we hear something from behind him.

"Willie!"

Saved by the boys, or should I say, Alex. They come up next to Willie and Julie and I toss the towels at them, all the boys except for Willie giving us playfully annoyed glances.

"Did you like the show?" Luke asks Julie and I, but mostly Julie, Reggie nodding along with him while looking right into my eyes with a look of......... Hope? What could he be hopeful for?

My face gets hot and I look down at my shoes as I try to think of a response. Ha! Found a good response. I look back up at the boys. Julie looks at me like a mother would her children whilst trying to figure something out.

"Well no shit, it was dedicated to us after all."

"Was there any specific reason you guys sang that particular song?" Julie asks, eyeing me before turning back to the boys, her eyes piercing into them as she tries to figure something out.

"Uh, no?" Reggie says, looking at Luke, panic visible in both of their eyes. I go to look over at Alex for help on this, but he's over in the corner talking to Willie. Huh, weird.

"Well, I don't know about you guys, but Julie and I have to go to my house for some...... Girl stuff." I stutter out, dragging Julie out of the room and to the secret staircase that leads to my mother and I's apartment.

"Bye?" We hear the boys call out.

I hear Julie ask me something about why I dragged her out so quickly or something like that, but I drown her out, not really caring about the situation and more about what may or may not be happening to me. Oh, no no no. Should I even tell her? What if I don't have a crush and she gets all riled up over nothing. What if she takes it the wrong way? Could she even take it the wrong way? 

We get to the apartment and I drag her up another flight of stairs, still hearing little protests form Julie. Finally, we get to my room and I set us both on my bed, her panting and trying to yell at me at the same time.