- Chapter twelve -

>>General<<

Another few days passed, the core five being a little on edge. With Julie and Serena still in their argument, it had been harder for them to train or even be in the same room together without instantly insulting the other, resulting in them getting in a fight. Luke has to go after Julie, which leaves Reggie and Alex to try and calm Serena down, leaving them all to be split up in one way or another.

So, here the three boys were, trying to find a way for the two girls to stop fighting and apologize to each other.

"So, what are we supposed to do?" Alex asks, looking down at his hands.

All of the boys were sitting criss-crossed on the floor in the living room, pondering ways to get the girls in the friend group back to normal.

"Well, we can't keep doing this. It's just getting really annoying." Reggie says, shrugging.

"If this shit keeps up, there's no way that we'll be ready to go to Auradon." Luke admits, the other two boys nodding in agreement.

"Then how are we going to fix this?" Alex asks again, throwing his hands up in frustration.

The room goes silent again, the boys all slowly getting frustrated with themselves not being able to come up with a solution. After a few more minutes of thinking, Reggie speaks up.

"I have an idea."

"Okay, what is it?" Alex asks with a bored expression while Luke just puts his chin in the palm of his hand.

Reggie sits up straight and grins brightly, already proud of his idea.

"So, this might sound a bit crazy;", He starts, looking at Luke and Alex, "But what if we lock them in a room or something together, like, overnight and we don't let them out until they make up?"

The room falls silent once more, Luke and Alex processing what their friend just pitched to them. They all look at each other.

"Let me get this straight," Alex begins, trying to wrap his head around the whole situation, "You want us to KIDNAP two teenage girls that both have anger issues, ESPECIALLY when they are against someone, and lock them in the same place for a WHOLE night?"

Reggie and Luke look at Alex, confused by his outburst.

"Do you want us to die?!? You are basically handing them our entire friendship on a silver platter. They will actually kill us. Well, no. Serena will kill us and Julie will hate Serena even more for killing her little Lukey-Poo." Alex concludes, Reggie nodding in agreement and Luke looking offended.

"Hey! I thought this was about them, not me." Luke points to himself at the end for emphasis and Alex and Reggie just roll their eyes.

"Whatever, Lukey-Poo. Anyways, should we do it? Even with the risk of our lives? And our friend group?" Reggie asks, looking at his friends one more time for confirmation.

Luke looks at Alex, "It is the only plan we have."

Alex looks up, saying a silent prayer before nodding, the other boys cheering in their minds.

"BUT," Alex starts one more time, "If I die because of your stupid plan, I'm gonna haunt your sorry ass."

Reggie laughs, "Good enough for me."

Laughing along, Luke stands up, the other two boys doing the same, "Band practice?" He asks.

Reggie and Alex look at each other, "Duh."

"This is bullshit." Serena says, looking around the area in the forest where she goes almost every day to train for revenge against Auradon.

"I mean, who does she think she is? Hating on Leigh and then having the audacity to bring up Uma. And she doesn't even apologize? Bitch." She kicks a tree, then punches the punching bag that she had put up last week with her boxing gloves.

She had gotten both items from the bargain bin last week, along with her new earphones for her cassette player, but she had just decided to put them to use right now. But, who wouldn't use a punching bag when they're mad, right?

So, here Serena was, taking her anger out on this poor old punching bag, the music from her cassette player blasting in her ears, wishing that she didn't have to. Wishing that she could just talk to someone instead. Wishing that she could talk to Julie, her Julie.

She was her best friend and she couldn't even talk to her. All because of a stupid fight. One that started because Julie was jealous. Every time they were even in the same room together it took Serena everything in her power not to punch Julie in the nose every time she glared at her.

Well, more like every time she breathed.

Serena punches the punching bag a few more times, before one of her ear buds in ripped out of her ear, making her whip her head around to see who did it.

"New earbuds?"

She scoffed at the boy in the beat-up leather jacket, rolling her eyes playfully.

"What are you doing here, Reg?" She asked, crossing her arms and raising an eyebrow at him.

"Is it so terrible of me to wanna see one of my best friends?" He asked her back, mocking her stance.

She rolls her eyes again, this time without any root of being playful, just in annoyance.

She steps out of the stance that they shared a few seconds ago and starts taking off her boxing gloves.

"What are you actually doing her, Reginald?" She asks once again, wanting a legit answer this time. He looked at her fake offended.

"Do I suddenly need to have a reason to come to our shared space in the forest, your highness?" He asks sarcastically whilst Serena just looks at him with a bored expression, "What if I wanted to take my built-up anger out on a punching bag too?"

Serena laughs, taking her other earbud out and turning off her cassette player and shoving both objects in her pocket.

"So you really have no reason for being here?" Serena asks for the last time, narrowing her eyes at Reggie.

"Is wanting to see you not reason enough?" He asks playfully, wiggling his eyebrows in a joking manor before speaking again, "For the last time, no. We didn't even know you were here."

"We?" Serena raises an eyebrow.

Suddenly, Alex bursts in running, glaring at Reggie and then looking at Serena confused.

"Reginald, when I asked if you wanted to come to the forest with me, I meant walk. Not skateboard four alleys ahead of me."

Serena bursts out laughing, bumping into the punching bag and almost falling. Reggie just stands there, eyes wide from Alex's outburst, and Alex, he just looks up to the sky, mouthing some kind of insult about the people surrounding him.

"So," Alex says, "what are our plans for the day?"