- Chapter Fourteen -

<<Serena>>

Those fucking punks. I can't believe them. Well, Reggie, I get. But Alex? That's low.

And thanks to them, I'm stuck in this dark-ass shed, with some bitch that I don't want to talk to. I mean, how could they do this to me? Is this karma for all of that bad deeds that I've done? Because if so, I promise, to all of the Gods above, that I've learned my lesson.

"I'm gonna kill Luke."

Ah, the bitch speaks.

I stay silent, knowing that if I say something in this moment, she won't be happy with it. Not that I care what she thinks, I just don't feel like dealing with her right now.

"Hello? Aren't you going to say anything?"

She speaks again, this time, shoving my shoulder a bit.

I take a deep breath, "I have nothing to say to you, so, no."

I can tell she's rolling her eyes.

"Well, we both know why they put us here, so maybe we should at least try?"

She's right, I do know why they put us here, and I know that our arguing has put a damper on our training. I also know that we're both being selfish when it comes to them. They shouldn't have to suffer just because of our fights. It's tearing us apart as a team, and that is something that can't continue.

I take another deep breath, putting my knees up to my chest and my arms on my knees.

"Okay, go ahead." I wait for her apology, it doesn't come.

"What do you mean, 'go ahead'?" Julie asks, a slight annoyance in her tone.

"You heard me, go ahead." I turn my so I look her directly in the eyes, "Apologize."

She rolls her eyes, looking away from me and then looking back.

"Sorry."

I grin slightly, "For?"

She scowls, rolling her eyes once more before answering.

"For being jealous and bringing up your sister."

I hum a little, "And?"

She sighs, running a hand through her hair, "And I won't do it again."

"Okay, you're forgiven." I smirk a bit.

She grins this time, "Your turn."

I roll my eyes and get straight to the point, "Did you not fucking hear me? I have nothing to say to you."

She looks at me surprised, "Well, I believe that you owe me an apology."

I laugh bitterly, shaking my head.

"i don't owe you shit."

She laughs, too, but in disbelief.

"I can't believe they had to lock us in here just for you not to own up to you're mistakes.."

I chuckle dryly, "Listen to me, and listen close. I told you from the very start that I had nothing to say." I emphasize the next part, "YOU were the one that was being a jealous bitch at Frollo's, not me. Luke was too, but at least HE had some sort of a reason to be."

She looks over at me with a shocked expression, opening her mouth to rebut, but closing it again at a loss of words. She looks away from me, knowing that I am the only valid person in our squabble.

"You're right, I'm sorry." She says again, this time knowing that it was the end of the conversation.

"I know, and I'm glad that you had the decency to apologize." I state, "From now on, though, we have to go back to training and pretend this never happened, just like we always do. For the sake of our group, and for us getting the hell out of here."