- Chapter Eighteen -

(A/N. Guys... I apologize in advance for what might go down. This is pre-writing author speaking so I can't control my brain and what it may or may not put into words. I'm honestly scared myself. But anyways, um, good luck I guess.)

>>General<<

"Okay, what the fuck just happened?"

Reggie and Julie's eyes snap to Luke, Julie rubbing her jaw and Reggie clenching his.

"What happened is that you didn't let me beat the shit out of that two timing dragon bitch." Julie seethes, her eyes piercing into Luke as he keeps his eyes on the road.

"I honestly don't know how Serena can be friends with her." Luke says, rolling his eyes at just thinking about his childhood bully.

"Isn't it obvious?" Reggie asks, looking between Julie and Luke, "She's getting on as many people's good sides as she can before we leave for Auradon. You know how she always needs to make sure she's on everyone's good side before she does risky shit like this."

"She does like to make sure her arsenal is full of weapons before going into battle." Julie muses, not completely sure of Reggie's accusations but trying to convince herself for her own sake.

"Are you guys being for real?" Luke laughs in annoyance and disbelief, eyes flashing to Julie and Reggie before settling back on the road, "Trust me, she has plenty of connections, but she knows that and she knows that she doesn't need to make friends to make more. I think that you guys are in denial of what's really going on."

"Oh really? And what might that be?" Reggie eggs Luke on with an irritated tone, Julie nodding for further continuation.

"She's obviously being genuine with them!" Luke slightly raises his voice in an exasperated tone, "Hayleigh is obviously her friend and so is Levi. And I have a feeling that she's not telling us the full truth about it."

"Don't be ridiculous, Luke." Julie deadpans, internally praying that it wasn't true.

How could her best friend keep something that big from her?

"What? You saw the signs. Like yesterday," Luke starts his rant eagerly, "when Alex clearly knew something but wouldn't tell us shit, Serena defending Levi when her and Reggie were fighting, even the stupid-ass argument you and Serena had that caused all of this shit!"

Reggie and Julie are silent at this, Luke might truly be on to something. But Serena is innocent until proven guilty.

And luckily for her, she never has been.

"Listen," Luke breaks in, a bit of sympathy in his voice, "I know that you guys are closer to Rena than I am. Hell, Reggie's been in love with her for years. But before you completely dismiss me, take it into consideration that I am also friends with her and that I probably know her bad side better than both of you, considering that I've been on it the most."

Luke chuckles at the last part, Reggie and Julie laughing along with him.

"Hey," Julie breaks in with a giggle, "Reggie didn't try to deny it this time."

"See? Progress guys." Luke says, glancing at Reggie humorously as he turns onto Kronk's street.

"Nuh-uh, none of that." Reggie butts in, narrowing his eyes at the two others in the vehicle, "Today is Kegs and Eggs only. Drama free."

"We'll see about that." Julie says as they meet their destination and see three familiar faces and a Keg in front of them.

Luke parks and they all get out of the car, Luke and Julie going to open the back door and Reggie going over to Serena, Willie and Alex.