- Chapter Seventeen -

(A/N. Y'all.... just buckle ya seatbelts for this one ;))

<<Serena>>

The next morning, I wake up early.

I'd been tossing and turning all night, unable to sleep from the thoughts of all that went on yesterday.

Not only did I kiss Levi Rourke, but I also got into a heated argument with Reggie about it and lied to my friends about our complicated relationship.

I don't think Reggie's ever gotten mad at me like that, ever. I've never seen him that angry at anyone, for that matter. The way he talked about Levi wasn't okay, but I know that he didn't mean it. He was just mad at me and using him as a mental punching bag.

But even when we were close to biting each other's heads off, I still found him attractive.

Call me a masochist, but some heated back and forth with a crush is kind of hot.

I slowly get out from under my covers, sitting straight up and stretching. I hear Julie's light snores, indicating that she's still asleep. 

I stand up and walk over to my drawer, grabbing a red crop-top, a sports bra, my tote bag, and baggy ripped jeans. I head to the bathroom and start getting ready. I don't do any makeup, mostly because I just don't want to, but partly because I like the way I look naturally.

Sue me for thinking that I'm actually pretty without makeup.

I brush my teeth, change out of my pajamas and head downstairs, only to be met by an Alex who seems to be just as awake as I am.

"As I live and breath." Alex says, resting a hand on his chest in fake surprise, shocked that I'm awake.

I roll my eyes, "Good morning, asshole."

"That is a foul thing to say to a keeper of secrets." He raises an eyebrow at me in a joking manor.

"Speaking of that..." I trail off, hoping he gets the hint.

"Wanna take a walk?" He asks, knowingly. I nod and adjust the tote on my shoulder.

We both get our shoes and put them on, walking side by side to and out the door.

When we get out and start walking, I tell him where we're going and then don't say anything else for a moment.

For us, this is a moment of silence for all of the recent events that have gone on. Its a comfortable kind of quiet, though. The kind that you can never get bored of.

Until you do.

"So..." Alex says, looking at me as our steps sync.

"Which one are we talking about first?" I groan, throwing my head back as he grins madly.

"Obviously Levi!" He starts enthusiastically, "When did you guys start talking again?"

"Yesterday." He looks at me quizzically and I give him an overly dramatic sigh, "Well, when you guys decided to lock Julie and I in a literal shed, I didn't really have much a choice. Plus, he did owe me a favor."

He nods, remembering what I did for him to make him owe me said favor.

"What happened when you walked him home? I know that his family must've made it a big deal." He says, recalling all the times I'd mentioned how amazing his parents and sister are.

"Um, actually it wasn't that big. We decided not to tell anyone besides his mom that I was there. I wasn't there for long anyway, so it wasn't hard to sneak past the others." He nods in understanding.