- Chapter eight -

>>General<<

"Okay, so what are we doing first?" Serena asks everyone, looking around for answers.

"Um.... I don't know, get the spell book out, maybe?" Julie suggests, nodding to Serena's backpack.

"On it." She gets out the spell book and hands it to Julie, her happily taking the little brown book in her hands.

"Boys," Julie starts, turning to the three boys that they call Sunset Curve, "make yourselves useful."

"And do what, exactly?" Alex retorts in a sarcastic, question-like form.

"Move around! At least pretend to do something other than staring at a tree!" Julie exclaims, waving her hands around.

"Damn, Jules. Just chill for a little bit." Luke says, making Julie glare at him.

"Yeah," Reggie agrees with Luke, "we just got here."

"But she's right," Serena chimes in, glancing at all of them before continuing, "We came here for a reason, guys."

"Okay, so, what do we do?" Alex asks, looking at the girls.

"Alex, you help Julie with the spells, Luke and Reggie, you come help me contact Uma, Harry, and Gil with my necklace. You guys need to help me focus." Serena says, looking at everyone for responses.

"Got it." All three boys say at once.

Soon after that, all three boys split up. Alex and Julie going to one side of room-like area of the forest, and Luke, Reggie, and Serena going to the other.

"So, all you do is rub it, right?" Luke asks Serena, gesturing her necklace that she's cradling in her hands.

"I guess that's pretty much it." She replies, looking down at her shell and then back up to Luke.

"Well? What are you waiting for? Do what you do to call them or whatever." Reggie says to Serena, her eyes piercing into him with every word.

"Shut up! I have to be in a good mood to be able to deal with all of their arguing. You should too, Reg." She tells him, both of them knowing how annoying their siblings and Gil can be.

"She's right. I'm not even related to them and I still know how annoying and hard to work with they can get." Luke adds in, nodding at Serena in agreement.

"That's true. We haven't seen them in awhile, though. Maybe they changed a bit?" Reggie suggests in a question-like form as Luke and Serena give him a look that tells him he's wrong.

"Yeah, you guys are probably right."

Meanwhile, Julie and Alex are having troubles of they're own.

"So, all we're doing is practicing spell? Seems easy enough."

"Yeah, I guess. I'm just confused on how you cast them, though." Julie says to Alex, looking down at the down.

"I think you just say the words and move your hands." Alex says, making Julie look up at him for a split second before looking back down at the brown book in her hands.

"Okay, well what spell should we try first?" Julie asks, looking up at Alex.

"Let's see what we've got.", Alex starts, taking the book from Julie's hands and into his own, starting to flip through it, "Alright, we have: Hypnotic Sleep Spell, Love Spell, Reading Spell, Better Hair Spell-" Alex gets cut off.

"Oh! Let's do that one! How do we test it though?" Julie asks, looking around.

"Not how, my dear Julie, but who."