- Chapter nine -

>>General<<

As the core five ended their conversation with Uma, Harry, and Gil, they went on with their day. 

That day turned into more days, and then weeks, every couple of days going out to practice, train, or plot for their revenge on Auradon and the VKs that had taken it over and gone soft.

Everything was changing for the core five though, Julie and Luke had a some-what "stable" little fling going on, their friends almost gagging at the sight of them being so open with their feelings towards each other, Serena mostly.

Alex had been disappearing every once in a while lately, saying that he was meeting up with an old friend. Though everyone else had their suspicions and conspiracies about his not-so-subtle escapes. He had also been overthinking a lot more, his anxiety was picking up. Being nervous about going to Auradon for revenge, about what could go wrong, it was self damaging at it's finest.

Reggie had been picking up new techniques on bass to try and get his mind off of everything going on in his life, it was kind of toxic coping, but he needed it. What, with the constant reminder that he's lonelier than Luke now, even Alex had someone to go see, but the one girl he had his eyes on, he couldn't crack. Did she like him, or did she not? Not to mention his home situation and the occasional thoughts of what his siblings could've been doing at the same moments as him. Although none of the Hook siblings showed it, they did care for and love one another; whether they admitted it or not.

Serena had been throwing herself into anything in sight to get her mind off of things, and distracting herself from the world around. Kind of like Reggie's current coping mechanism. With Julie and Luke spending so much time together, the two girls never got to hang out just them anymore, making Serena question if their friendship was as strong as they had both thought. Now, she had no one to talk to about boy troubles, or to rant to just because she needed to. Not that Alex, Luke, or Reggie couldn't provide those to her, but Luke was always with Julie, Alex kept disappearing, and Serena would rather not talk about boy troubles with the boy that was causing her the troubles in the first place. Said boy being Reggie, of course.

But, even in all the doubt, anxiety, and change, the core five stuck together because they knew more than anyone that them being petty and difficult towards one another wouldn't solve anything; and would get them right back to square one.

However, that didn't mean that Hades didn't need an errand rat, so off Serena was, on a chilly Saturday morning, doing one of her many jobs.

<<Serena>>

Alley, turn, Alley, turn. The same rout as always to get to Hades' cave. Unfortunately, getting Hades everything that we could in the market only lasted so long. So here I am, walking back to that dreaded cave to a sad, angry man who had nothing of value in this cold world but some canned corn.

That of which I'd be refilling today. You know, every time I go here, nothing ever changes. I walk to the cave, give Hades his stuff, and leave. I never meet anyone, we barely ever make small talk, and he just sits there, depressed and all. 

One day though, one day something of my interest will finally be there and something will finally happen. It'll be soon, too. 

I can feel it.

However, you can only walk so long before you reach your destination, of which I have met. I walk into Hades' cave, wincing at the loud volume of his fake dog tape, before putting on a helmet and going on the bike trail that I had used so many times before, and eventually, I got there.

I walk into his living room area, it being messy as always. Something seems different though. I bet Julie would know what it was. She should be here right now, but she isn't.

Normally, Julie and I go to Hades' cave together, but today she couldn't go because she had some date with Luke. I love Julie and Luke, but since they've gotten together in this weird "dating, but not dating" thing, they've been leaving to group to go do couple-y stuff a lot. They barely had time for Alex, Reggie, and I. 

I'm not the only one who's noticed it, either. Alex, Reggie, and I have had multiple conversations about how stupid it is that they're always gone or always together. I think I can speak for all of us when I say that it makes me sick. And not like, sea sick. Like the kind of sick where you eat bad fish and then you go-kart race.

Don't ask me how I know what that feels like. Trust me, you don't want to know.

I walk over to the table right next to Hades' couch and start setting bags down before I hear someone clear their throat behind me. 

I turn around to see a girl who looks a little older than me, lean with fair skin and blue eyes, with purple and blue hair, her outfit matching.

"Who the hell are you?" The girl asks, her green eyes piercing into mine.

"That depends, who's asking?" I retort, already annoyed at her pissy attitude.

"Hayleigh, his daughter." She says, pointing at the sleeping man on the chair.

"I've heard of you. I'm Serena Facilier and if you're anything like your sister, we can't be friends." I say with a sarcastic smile. She rolls her eyes.

"As if. I wouldn't act like that bitch even I was forced to." She mumbles, looking at the ground. My smile drops.

"Hm, I sense a sensitive subject. Don't worry, I'll back off. I know what that feels like..." I trail off, putting more bags down. She looks up at me with a look of hope. "And hey, you don't seem anything like your sister so maybe we can form an alliance in this shit hole."

I wink at her playfully and she laughs. Not a bitter, sarcastic one, but a genuine laugh.

"Well, to be fair," She starts, smirking at me, "you don't seem like and absolute asshole either. You actually seem like a cool person."

"Let's put that to the test, shall we?" She looks at me with a puzzled expression as I put down the last bag, "Wanna get out of here and do something? I know some cool places~"

I flash her a winning smile and she pretends to question it, making a weird thinking face and looking away. She looks back and nods.

"I could use a day out. I'm new here anyway, I need a tour guide." I playfully roll my eyes and grab my backpack off of the table, walking up the stairs and to the opening of the cave.

"Well then? What the hell are you waiting for?" She laughs, running up the stairs and following me out.

I knew I was right about something happening. I'm always right.

A/n

HEYY I updated again. yayyy. I just wanted to tell yall that ily and i hope that yall are doing well. Today is the day that cameron boyce died, may he rest in peace. I miss him dearly. I have more things coming soon so just you wait. Don't forget to comment vote, and tell your friends! And with that, so long my children, until next time......