- Chapter Eleven -

>>General<<

"Julie, hey! What are you doing here?" Serena asks awkwardly, scratching the back of her neck as Julie and Luke walk over to their table. Hayleigh and Luke look at each other, as if contemplating something

"Act normal," Serena mumbles, "You'd have to meet them anyway. Trust me though, they're very weird."

Hayleigh nods and looks down at her feet before looking back up to see Julie and Luke standing in front of them.

"Rena, who's the new chick? And what's she doing here, with you?" Julie says with a snarky attitude. Hayleigh glares at her and Serena looks at her with an are-you-serious look.

Hayleigh clicks her tongue in annoyance and rolls her eyes, stepping forward to prove dominance.

"I'm Hayleigh, now can we try an introduction without the raging tone of bitch, or do I have to make you?"

"Who the hell do you think you are?" Luke says in a sharp tone, trying to look tough. Hayleigh just laughs and steps forward again.

"I'm the new chick. Didn't you hear your bimbo? Or did you just tune her out like I did?" She says in a taunting tone while looking him up and down and smirking, positive that she was getting under his skin.

Luke steps back, backing down and Serena snickers under her breath, giving Hayleigh a sly fist pump. Even Julie scoffs under her breath.

"See?" Serena says, an awkward grin settling on her face, "Isn't she great?"

"She's not a pussy so she can't be that bad." Julie says, looking at Hayleigh who rolls her eyes.

"Order up!"

They hear Freddie Frollo say from the counter, a big brown bag in the place right next to him.

"Wait right here," Serena says to Hayleigh, she looks to Julie, "you, come with me."

Serena grabs Julie's arm and drags her to the counter, despite Julie's protests and the confusion of Hayleigh and Luke.

Once they get to the counter, Frollo gives Serena the food, and Serena pays him, but instead of going back to the table where the others are at, Serena keeps a strong grip on Julie's arm and glares at her. Julie looks at her confused.

"What the hell is your problem?"

"My problem," she looks down and laughs bitterly before looking back up, "What's yours? Why are you being such an asshole to Leigh?"

"Oh, that's what you're calling her now? What, you have a nickname already?"

"Oh, I know what it is," Serena looks at Julie with a smirk on her face, "You're jealous of her."

Julie looks around the shop, chuckling bitterly. She snatches her arm out of Serena's grip. "Me? Jealous? Of what, huh? That newbie who you just met today? You think I'm jealous of her?"

"Yes, actually, I do. You never acted this way when I brought Carrie and Bobby to the group." Serena retorts, her smirk dropping and a scowl replacing it.

"Oh, she's in the group now? That's new, isn't it?"

"Stop avoiding what I'm saying, just admit that you're jealous so that we can get over this!"

"I'm not jealous! I just don't think that it's very smart of you to just bring another person into our group, especially with what's happening right now with your sister." Julie shrugs off, like it's natural to say that.