- Chapter ten -

>>General<<

As the two new friends walk out of Hades' cave, they make a bit of small talk. Mostly about Hayleigh's life and how it used to be when she lived on the other side of the Isle. Hayleigh said that it was pretty similar to this side, except less pirates.

Hayleigh told her about some of her friends and what they used to do in their free time, about how they would steal and get into a lot of fights.

Serena listened closely to what she was saying, Hayleigh definitely had the personality to be in her group. Maybe not a core member, but she could definitely be useful as someone who knows both sides of the Isle, she probably had connections, too. Being the daughter of Hades and Maleficent.

However, even though part of Serena was testing her wits and experience, the other part was having fun, watching Hayleigh tell stories about her past and getting excited about every next topic.

They duo kept crossing through different streets and alleys until they arrived at their destination: A big, blank, wall on the outside of a forgotten store.

"This is what we're gonna do? Stare at a blank wall?" Hayleigh asks, raising an eyebrow at Serena. She just smirks.

"It won't be blank much longer."

She pulls her backpack off of her shoulders and unzips the top, flipping it over and letting about seven colorful cans out.

"You didn't."

"I did."

They both laugh and bend over to pick up about two cans of spray paint each, both of them painting a different side of the wall.

Serena had picked the colors teal and red for her painting, and Hayleigh had picked blue and purple for hers.

"So, do you think that we should, like, I don't know, talk?" Hayleigh tries to start a conversation, shaking her cans of paint before pressing the tops down, the graffiti exploding on the wall, Serena doing the same.

"Sure. I do have a few questions, myself."

"Ask away."

"Okay, well. How about this, is being Maleficent's daughter really as amazing as everyone says?" Serena asks in a funny tone, holding one can of spray paint out close to Hayleigh's mouth like a microphone in a joking way.

"Nice Snow White impression, love the fake nice voice."

"Thank you! I've really been working on that." Serena says sarcastically, moving her fake microphone to her mouth before taking it back to the wall and painting more.

"Well, if you must know, no, it isn't like everyone says. Just because she has power does not mean that she automatically gives me respect, or even loves me for that matter. She always harassed me to be as great as my awful sister, even though we saw how that shit show worked out." Hayleigh mumbled the last part as Serena's face fell, knowing her pain.

"You wanna know why I'm here in the first place?" Serena nodded slowly, taking her eyes of off the painting that she was making to look at Hayleigh, who was still looking at the painting that she was making.

"The evil lizard bitch kicked me out. She said, "I wasn't evil enough to have in her house", so she threw me to my Dad who abandoned me. I mean, what kind of sicko does that? And to their own kid? That's true evil. That's one kind of evil that I never want to reach." Hayleigh ends, a moment of silence falling upon the two before Serena speaks up,

"I get it."

Hayleigh looks at her with a puzzled expression, surprised that anyone else could possibly understand the pain that she had to deal with.