dying love [awesamdude x dream]

song: Take you Dancing by Jason Derulo

ship: sam x dream/ awesamdude x dream [i don't know the name of the ship .-.]

type of story: fluff

summary (spoiler):

sam had to go on a trip for 1 month to guard a prison cell. so he had to leave dream alone at their house. but dream didn't mind since he trusted sam. they always called. it was the last week and sam will come back to his lover so he sent him a box with flowers and a note and told him to read each not when a flower dies. on the last day, the flowers never died and sam came home. the flower was fake and it said 'my love for you', same got that fake flower because it never dies the same as his love for dream.

[.ill call awesamdude sam in this story for short.]

--------------------------------

THIRD-PERSON POV:

dream eyes fluttered open as he adjusted to the sunlight that was shining at him from the white blinds on the window. he sat down on the bed. he grabbed his phone from the nightstand beside him.

dream opened his phone to check any notification from anybody and he received one from his lover sam. he clicked the notification and started to read it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[today's messages -->] 

creeper dude❤️:

good morning love! I wanted to tell you that I'm coming home in a week and I sent you setup flowers on the door, every passing day a flower will die when it does read the note attached to it, on the last one I'll be home and we'll read the note together, I hope your doing well love you and stay safe and get some rest! ❤️

dweamiey❤️:

good morning sam! I miss you❤️ thanks for the gift I make sure to check it out and ill try to get some good rest and stay safe love you bye ❤️!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THIRD-PERSON POV:

Dream got up from his bed and stretched a bit, "ugh good morning to me I guess" he thought to himself as he went into the bathroom in his and sam's shared room. dream started to undress and hoped into the shower after starting the water and making sure it was the perfect temperature.

after dream finished showering and brushing his teeth and doing his hair and other things he got dressed into an outfit. a grey oversized sweatshirt and black tight jeans and sketches. dream looked in the mirror to see his outfit "damn I'm looking fine" wheezed dream.

dream went downstairs to make breakfast. he made some cooked eggs and bacon as he placed the plate on the table he went to the front door to get the thing that his lover, sam got him. he opened the front door to see a box with roses in glass lids and notes that have words on them on his porch.

dream picked the box up and took it inside the house closing the door with his foot as he entered his house. the blonde placed the box on the table and took the note that says 'read me first' on it.

"Hello love, this is sam! hope you're having an awesome day! so this is a box with flowers in a glass box and each flower dies with each passing day and you're supposed to read a note when the flower that the note is glued to the glass box of dies, it starts from tomorrow/Sunday and on the last one ill be home to read it with you! that's it. love you bye"

    -sam 

"oh so it's like a timed gift if that makes sense?" the blonde thought to himself. the boy finished his breakfast and got up to go and edit videos.

THE NEXT DAY: (Monday)

dream opened the note and read it when the flower died it said 'the bad past we had' dream thought for a moment until he got it 'oh so the bad past that we had died now!" thought dream to himself. "aww!" awed dream at the message.

THE NEXT DAY: (Tuesday)

after dream ate his cereal he went to the box and saw that the second flower had died. dream took the note that was sticking to its box and read it: 'all the arguments and fights we had' dream read in his head and giggled at the message

THE NEXT DAY: (Wednesday)

dream finished breakfast and made his way to the box on the table and saw, again, a dead rose he grabbed the note on its glass box and read it out loud this time: 'The sad times we had.' dream remembered some sad moments but not all.

TEH NEXT DAY: (Thursday)

today was the last day. Dream finished eating his pancakes and went to see the flower, but he was caught by surprise when he saw that the last flower wasn't dead. he remembered what sam told him "open the note only when the rose dies". 

Dream sighed and went to the couch and started playing Minecraft on his phone for a bit. until he heard his doorbell ring. the shortie got up and went to open the door, "hello w-" dream was cut off when he felt someone hug him.

Dream then realized that it was his lover sam and that he's back from his business travel. "sam! your back!" dream blurted out happily hugging the lanky man, "yes I'm back love!" sam replied as they separated but dream pulled them into a passionate kiss slowly walking into the house sam closing the door after them with his foot.

the two lovers separated and smiled at each other. "oh! did you see the present I gave you?" asked Sam. "uh yeah the notes were so sweet but the last note that was meant today I didn't read it because the flower didn't die and you said to read it only when the flowers attached dies" dreams aid fiddling with his hoodie strings

"yeah so about that-Lets read the note together shall we?" Sam said dragging the shorter to the room "okay!" dream said a bit shocked because of the actions of the other but brushed it off, as the two lovers entered the living room and went over to the box. 

"so the real reason why that one rose didn't die was that it was an actual fake rose that looks real." sam said "oh." dream replied. "go ahead and read the note!" said sam scratching the back of his neck. 

dream grabbed the note and read it: "my love for you" read dream out loud. the blonde was a bit confused. 'my love for you? a fake flower that doesn't die?' dream thought to himself. "my love for you is never gonna die so is that fake flower that isn't gonna ever die!" said Sam.

dream started blushing crazy at that sentence and buried his face into his oversized sweater paws. "aww" sam awed as he hugged his lover as they both laughed. "wanna cuddle?" asked Sam. "yeah!" replied the shorter blonde.

----------------------------------

thank you so much for reading sorry this took longer than I expected to upload i was a bit busy and stressed but I'm back now if you enjoyed make sure to turn that star white or orange and follow me to stay updated on future posts and chapter updates. anywho cya next time :D!