2 | The Novice Of The Axe~

Three months later...

There was someone knocking on Eith's door late at night.

Eith lifted his nose from the book he was reading and got up from his study table.

Who is it? This late at night...

He was wearing nothing but his sleep attire and walking barefoot when he undid the locks to his door.

He was greeted by a big and tall man that was at least two feet taller than he was. He was dark-skinned and had long dreadlocks adorned with golden rings. He wore a pair of dark circular shades to cover his eyes. It was Micah, his senior in the Ivy League.

Suddenly, Eith didn't know what to do.

"I—uh... didn't know you were coming by, mister Micah... sir." He twiddled with his fingers behind his back, which were getting sweatier by the minute.

Micah just stood there with his arms crossed, then said "We're going somewhere."

And then he stalked off.

Eith popped his head out of the door and followed him with his eyes until Micah turned down the next corner. When he was sure he was alone, he swiped the sweat off his brow.

"Phew."

He could not even begin to express just how intimidating it was to just stand in the same room as Micah Manslov. If this was how Eith reacted to one Ivy League member, then what would happen to him when he meets the rest of them?

He sighed and got to work.

~Support the story~
by voting!