5 | An Unexpected Encounter~

Boom!

Every head on the plaza district of Crimson City turned to the explosion.

What was that noise?

Eith looked up at the sky and saw that a dark smoke was rising up to the clouds.

"Fire! A house is on fire!" a man yelled.

People around him released a collective gasp. Eith turned to Micah, but he was already focused on the direction of the fire.

Fire in the city? That's dangerous. Eith wondered if it had anything to do with the kregg they were looking for, but before he could ask, somebody shouted "KREGG! A KREGG IS HERE! RUN!"

In an instant, the city went into a panic. Everyone went and ran to the opposite direction of the fire. Eith was shoved plenty of times as people had dropped all forms of courtesy. He then heard the cries of a little boy.

"Ma! Where's my Ma?!"

Before a horde of people could trample over him, Eith carried him on top of his shoulders.

The little boy pulled on his hair. "Lady, I need to find my Ma!"

"Lady?!" Eith said as he went with the tide. "I'm a guy! And we'll get you to your Ma!"

The boy probably mistook him for a girl because he had nice caramel colored, shoulder-length hair. Even his sisters teased him about it. He was even bullied for it during his Academy days.

He searched for someone who could be looking for their child amongst the crowd, until he saw a woman in tears with her hands covering her mouth. When she saw the boy on Eith's shoulders, she ran over to him.

"Chastice!" the mother said at the same time the little boy yelled "Ma!"

Eith left them and went looking for Micah. Up on the sky, he saw a flaming red dragonfly the size of a bear, or maybe even bigger. But something was wrong with it. It couldn't fly properly—it crashed on the buildings before finally crashing down onto the cobblestone street.

He found Micah standing on the same place he left him. "Micah?"

Micah did not answer him. He was looking at the kregg, the flames reflecting on his dark spectacles.

"Something is keeping it leashed," he said.

"What?"

Micah pulled out his sword from its sheath and dashed forward. Eith pulled the ruby Axe strapped behind his back. It was not his first time dealing with a kregg, but it was the first time he had dealt with one this destructive. Why was it on fire? That was unheard of. What they needed to prioritize now was the safety of the citizens.

Suddenly, the kregg started acting up. It lifted itself from the cracked ground with its wings. It was still burning wildly, but all of a sudden, it was pulled back and it crashed on a brick house.

It was as if someone had put on a leash on it and pulled.

Eith had no time to be thinking about it.

He raised his Axe. The red moonstone on the handle pulsed to life in response. Eith was a red moonstone user. It made the Axe extremely lightweight and, when swung correctly, can annhilate a patch of trees in one go. In return, Eith threw it perfectly aimed at the kregglin's skull.

The Axe split the head into two.

"Return," Eith ordered, and the Axe flew back into his hands.

The Axe that once belonged to Jude Wrillwraith.

It was truly a wonderful weapon, one that a lot of people lusted after. Eith had only gained ownership of it two months ago, when he rose to the ranks of the Ivy League.