10 | The Conference~

Maki and Cale entered the Conference Room.

Inside was a spacious room with a large round table at its center, flanked with seats that were occupied by the elite members of the Ivy League.

A giant map of the world showing the three continents—Gon and Das, and the unknown western continent that remained a mystery to this date—occupied an entire wall.

The door shut behind them with a click. There was a total of six heads that turned upon their entry.

"Oh, look. They finally decided to show up."

A young woman propped her head on her elbow, resting her cheeks on her palm. She had brown hair that was tied in a long ponytail. She welcomely grinned at the both of them. "How was it, the dry lands?"

Cale grinned back. "Risa!"

He walked over to her with open arms and she got up from her seat to receive them. Just as Risa was about to give him a hug, she switched to pinching his left ear instead. Cale grimaced as his head was pulled to the side. "Ow!"

"So, you got even taller, huh? Must be nice." She playfully cackled.

Cale's ear was turning redder by the second. "Ouch, Risa! Stop!"

Maki suppressed a smile. Ahh, this feels so familiar.

Risa Lencass—Ivy League's sharpshooter and their one and only lady. She was as loud as Maki remembered. She and Cale got instantly along the moment they met each other.

"I can't help that I'm a growing boy! I'm still just eighteen!" reasoned Cale with a laugh.

Seated around the round table, the other five members watched the ridiculous exchange. The people who were currently present were Micah Manslov, Eith Hansel, Kriss, Louie Wrillwraith, and Jurian Wrillwraith.

Louie Wrillwraith sat with his arms crossed on his chest with a disinterested face. He and Maki met each other's eyes. He nodded at Maki in greeting. Maki returned the gesture.

Louie Wrillwraith—the second oldest son of King Kepra and the second prince of Iveneterra. He had golden medium-length hair that was tied to the back of his head.

Maki and Eith lowered themselves to their assigned chairs. Maki sat on the seat beside Louie, and Cale between him and Kriss. Beside Kriss sat Eith, then sitting beside him was Micah.

Cale grinned at Kriss. "Hello, Kriss." This was the second time he tried to get the kid's attention.

Kriss, who minded his own business, gave him a disgusting side-eye. "If you keep talking to me like that, I'll fucking cut you up."

He meant it. Cale knew he meant it because he saw Kriss skimming his finger down the sharp edge of a knife

Maki nudged Cale with his elbow. "You have to stop treating Kriss like a kid," he said in a low tone so that only Cale could hear. Kriss went through a lot at a very young age. In fact, Kriss was probably the most mature person in the room.

"I'm just trying to make friends with him. He always looks like he wants to kill me and I'm concerned for my well-being," explained Cale.

From the seat opposite from them, Jurian Wrillwraith slept on his chair with his head tilted upwards, mouth slightly ajar.

"He was the first person who got here," explained Risa when she saw Maki eyeing him. "When we got here, he was already like that. Old habits die hard, I guess."

"What's your stupid face staring at, Hansel?" Cale howled. Jurian stirred from his sleep.

Maki warned his junior. "Cale."