18 | Nero Galloway~

Every pirate knew the name Nero Galloway.

Taken in by the top dog, Furball, who was the king of all pirates of the seas, at such a young age, Nero lived the rest of his days as a pirate. Some would even say he would consider Furball as something close of a father figure, but Furball was the furthest thing from being described as a parent.

Furball, the monarch of the seas, owned six ships consisting of roughly hundreds of crewmembers who hoped to be one day being recognized by Furball himself, and yet he merely took in a scoundrel little boy he found on the streets one day, gave him the name 'Nero Galloway,' and took him under his wing.

Of course, Nero admired him. He dreamt of being as powerful and capable as the number one criminal that ever lived. Furball was his savior when he was starving in the streets looking for food, and because Nero knew the hardships of having nothing, he dreamt of having everything in his grasps.

He became a pirate for that sole reason. He wanted to live, but most importantly, he wanted to be filthy rich.

Who cares if his face was on every wanted poster in every city? Who cares if every pirate at the seas envied him, and wished to poke him with a sword?

Nero certainly did not care. He stole golds from nobles, golds from pirates, golds from Furball, and now he was finally set for life and even in his next life. He could sit on a mountain of golden marks and still have enough to spare.

He was rich and everybody wanted to be him.

Then, what in the world was he doing inside a cell?

Droplets of water hit the floor to his cell as he sat leaning on the wall. There was only one block of square for a window that let him view the rocky shores outside, and it was barred. He played with a chip of rock, threw it to the wall opposite to him, then caught it again in his hands.

This is getting boring, he thought.

Nero Galloway, the boy who was taken under Furball's wing, the pirate that was even rumored to take Furball's place as the next pirate king, was sitting inside a cell in Bargeesa.

What a terrible day.

He had washed up on the shores of Bargeesa one day, and the Garrison instantly knew who he was. They threw him inside a cell, and he was still in that same cell two months later.

His face was stoic as he thought about it—the day he was thrown to the seas. He had always known people would stab him in the back one day—he was a bit of an arrogant and cocky brat that nobody liked, but to end up totally abandoned in a cell was just too laughable to him.

Seriously? Me? End up in prison?

Just how low have I gotten?

He threw the rock with more strength than he used to and the rock crumbled into pieces when it hit the wall. Great. Now I lost the only thing that kept me sane.

One of his arms—particularly the right arm—had a long red mark that swirled up to his elbows. It throbbed in burning heat every day, every night, and every second. But Nero sucked it up because it was his saving grace. The Garrisons thought it was a burn mark, or a scar, but Nero knew better. It was just invisible to their eyes.

Coiling around his arm was one of the lightning Ribbons of Monique Wrillwraith, the Ribboner. Nero had stolen it from the prince after their one and only encounter three months ago, and it was by far the hardest thing to obtain.

First of all, the Ribbons did not show itself unless Monique used his powers. Second, not everyone can just touch his Ribbons and be okay and keep standing. If a normal human were to touch one of his Ribbons, he would be electrified and burnt to a crisp. That was why Monique Wrillwraith's Ribbons were considered as one of the world's wonders.