24 | The Pirate and The Girl~

"When we get to the shores of Morvile, I'll treat us the most exquisite bowl of noodles. I know the perfect shop."

Lazardo jolted awake, gasping and sucking for air.

The tremors in his body was enough to throw him off the couch he was dozing off on all the way to the polished wood of the floor of his study room, making him bang his head and—maybe—have a slight concussion.

He groaned. "Ow!" He reached up to massage his forehead. What was that dream?

He dreamt of her? The woman he discovered in the mountains, the one that disappeared after bringing her to get treatment to his uncle's villa, together with a blonde criminal that he had never seen before in his entire life. He was too preoccupied to even notice the blood coming out of his nose. He touched it with his fingertips. "Oh, dear."

A knock came on the door.

"Young Master," A head peaked in. "Prince Nique has come to visit and Lord Koi desires for you to keep him company. Uhm.. Young Master? What are you doing on the floor?" Luce ran to his side, helping Lazardo up. "Your nose..."

When we get to the shores of Morvile...

"I... need to leave," Lazardo said, tidying his collar and disarming himself from Luce.

"Wha- Now!? What about the Prince a-and your uncle?!" Luce followed a frantic Lazardo around the room fetch his things one by one: Hat, coat, shoes, handkerchief. He watched as Lazardo hurriedly groomed his unkempt fiery ginger hair in front of a wall mirror, trying to ask him if he was alright and why he was acting so strange. But Lazardo was hearing none of the things Luce was speaking to him about.

"I'm going to Morvile. Take care of things for me while I'm gone." Lazardo exited his room and trudged down the stairs, with Luce closely following behind, shoes pounding on the floor.

"Laz!" Luce got to shout before the doors shut. Lazardo disappeared outside. "Laz!"

•••

The sound of seagulls in the calm morning breeze, and the music of the sea rushing on the beach, made it almost a perfect morning, until Nero woke her up by dowsing water on her face. Not the best way to wake up after a night of secretly escaping prison. Luckily, they were at shore, and she suffered less when her sudden movement agitated the boat, crashing onto the beady sands and rocks that poked into her like shards.

She had no idea how long ago they reached land, and she was even more clueless as to when and why she fell asleep. She never backed down from being the only one who received the blow so she pulled on one of Nero's legs. And now both of them were wet and cold. The taste of seawater burned on some of her open wounds, including her lips that were chapped. As if taking her side, one of the seagulls shat directly above Nero's head. Seren decided then that sometimes the little things were enough to keep her sane.

After washing his hair off of bird poop, and Seren squeezed hers dry, they walked on the beach. Seren thought they were headed for the city until Nero decided to make a U-turn. Seren, thinking that he knew a better trail, decided to follow him silently. But then he did this again, and again, until it was their fifth time going around in circles. Only then did she kick sand into his back.

"What the hell are you doing?" she released her thoughts, and he looked like he was totally unbothered by it.

He was preoccupied in his thoughts, one hand on his chin and the other holding up a finger to silence her. "I'm trying to remember where I hid it..."

Hid what?? But Seren could only watch as he started to dig on a random spot with his bare hands. She was so lost. Did he bury something? If he did, why did it matter now? He froze for a moment, and then turned his face to her, one brow raised. "You going to help or not?"