~17. Before I die 🥀

Based on the cook's confession, police went after he brother. Her twin was very apologetic.

O: Ma'am apke Bhai ko hum arrest kr lenge pr vo hospital me aur kuch nahi milla jo unke crimes bataye.

Bani and Veer looked worried when Veer shouted.

V: THE STORE!

B: HAAN!! (turns to the officer) they hide everything in the store. Front racks me kuch nahi hai pr peeche ke racks me sb mill jayega...vo-

Bani couldn't finish her sentence, the words died in her mouth as she succumbed to darkness.

~~~~~~~~~

Bani was rushed to the hospital. Veer was really very worried for her. All these days and weeks that they spent together had created a bond between them. He silently prayed for her well-being. However, nothing seemed to work.

Doctor: Inki medical file??

Her twin: Recent treatment to jo hospital kr raha tha, they have nothing...

Veer wanted to smack her twin but he controlled. His entire focus was on Bani. She was rushed into an ICU. The doctors and nurses rushed in and out of it.

'It is so complex!.....Kaise remove hoga??....Call the specialist!!...we are losing her!'

These words kept floating in the air and fear gripped Veer.

'NURSE!! WE HAVE TO SHOCK HER! THAT IS OUR LAST HOPE'

This was the last thing Veer heard before rushing out and praying to god's above. Her brother was sobbing mess. He felt so guilty for ill treating his sister when she was already very sick.

'Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeep!'

~~~~~~~~~~~

It had been an hour since the operation. Veer walked into the OT and held Bani's hand. She felt the pressure on it and opened her eyes to see Veer standing next to her.

V: Hey! (he said softly) How are you feeling?

B: Good I guess? I am not sure. What happened?

V: You fell asleep. (smiles)

B: I fainted you stupid! (giggles) I recall feeling this ear splitting pain in my head. I meant what happened about the hospital and my brother??

V: Your brother will get arrested. There is enough evidence and regarding the hospital, let's just say a lot of people will get justice now. Almost all the special, 'private' ward people are kept their to silence a deadly secrets. Police is going to stay busy for a while now that so many unsolved crimes are going to get revealed!!

Bani felt happy knowing that so many suffering people will be free now. The room of her OT opened and in walked her sobbing brother.

B: Hi buddy! Veeranshu that is my twin. I know we look different, we are fraternal.

Her brother came close to her and started to sob loudly.

B: Hey! Hey! Hey! I forgive you okay. Stop crying..

She tried to console him but he was a sobbing mess. She sat up and tried to put a comforting hand on his hand. To her absolute horror, it went right through! She looked at Veer with eyes wide open and saw him give her a sad smile.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Bani and Veer were standing at the OT door. She looked at her brother cry sitting near a dead body- her dead body. She felt strange. She studied her pale frame and how hollow her face looked. The weeks at the mental facility had definitely taken a toll on her. She felt a hand land on her shoulder. She looked to see Veer squeeze her shoulder to give her strength.