~31. Love and Revenge👿

Police had literally poured in at the Sharma Residence. Them being a rich family and Veer having political connection made this a high profile case. There were investigators everywhere. They were recording statements of every one at sight. Veer was handling everything while Bani sat in the hall. He knew that the past that had come to light today will take time to sink in.

'I am not her mother'

Bani had no more tears left in her. But she felt betrayed and sad. The woman she had considered to be her mother was actually not her mother.

Flashback

Bani was staring at Ranjana. She was shocked and sad. What did she mean she is not her mother? Who was it then? Was she alive? So many questions were running in her mind. She shook Ranjana by her shoulders and begged her to speak the whole truth now.

That is when Ranjana told her everything.

R: Your father was married before me. You are the daughter of his first wife. Your mother died in childbirth so your grandparents thought of giving you a new mom since you were just an infant. I was from a very poor family and saw this as an opportunity to a higher lifestyle. At first I was very happy but then I started to miss love. When you were one, I ran into my ex from college and we had an affair. Your father was already depressed because of his wife's death and I am sure he accidently over dosed that night. It had nothing to do with me but you grandfather blamed me.

Yes, I cheated but that is not why he killed himself. Then I had Naina but my second husband died in a car crash. It was difficult but I knew I could not let go of your primary custody as your grandfather paid me your maintenance money which was more than enough for us three. But I knew once you get married and go away, that would stop. So I had to do something!!!

V: Wow! You really justify plotting to kill someone innocent? So what if she is not your biological daughter? You raised her! Kabhi feelings nahi aayi? Above all, she is an innocent!! How can you...you disgust me!!

Flashback ends

Veer was furious but Bani could not digest that the woman she saw as her mother was not her mother. The police came and started to investigate.

Veer saw Bani and realized she was in shock. He kept a hand on her shoulders for comfort. Jai felt an unknown emotion rush through him seeing them like this.

J: (in mind: Ye tujhe kya ho raha hai Jai? Tujhe bura kyu lg raha hai? Mai humesha se janta tha ki Bani acchi hai dil ki aur ye iske saath bura kr rahe hai....pr aaj mujhe kyu bura lg raha hai!? Shit!! Kahin mujhe isse pyaar to nahi ho gaya? Ye acchi hai....pta nahi kb mere dil me iske liye jagah ban gayi...haye...meri timing kitni kharab hai...ab jaakr realise kiya hai maine??

V: Bani..I will take care of the situation. You don't worry..

Veer left and Bani was still lost in her thoughts. After a while, Veer was outside overlooking the situation when the cook came running.

C: Veeranshu ji....Bani beti nahi dikh rahi...

V: Kya? Aise kaise nahi dikh rahi...

C: Sb jagah dekh liya maine..

Veer was tensed when his security guy who was in the van came running.

S: (huff) Maine...(huff).. Bani ko...vo Jai..peeche ke gate se..

P: Kya?? Jai to police jeep me tha!! Constable!!

They turned and saw that the constable was unconscious on the ground.

P: Iska mtlb vo Jai uski ladki ko lekr bhaag raha hai...Veer--- ab ye kahan gaye..

C: Vo to backyard ki taraf bhaag gaye...jahan se us guard ne bolla vo Jai lekr gaya Bani Beti ko..