~25. Letters of Love💌

Note: Bani is human in this story while Veeranshu is a Cheel.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A young girl aged five was running to her terrace. Her house was flooded with people and there were tears streaming down her eyes. She climbed up the flights of stairs with a helium balloon in her hands and her purple princess bag in another.

Reaching the terrace, she put a brick on the rope of the helium balloon. She wrote something on a piece of paper using her crayons and tied the letter to the balloon and released it into the air. Her small eyes kept following the balloon till it finally disappeared out of her vision. Wiping a tears and her head hung low, she went back downstairs.

 Wiping a tears and her head hung low, she went back downstairs

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Outskirts of the city, a boy aged six was riding his bicycle. He parked it at his usual spot and made his way to the clearing. It was Veeranshu Singhania, the prince of the Cheels. It had been two years since he turned at the age four and came to that spot often to practise his flight. He turned into his Cheel roop with ease and began flying. He saw a red balloon stuck in a tree. He also noticed a small note attached to its rope.

This made him curious. He went and sat on the tree and turned human.

 He went and sat on the tree and turned human

He opened the letter. It was written in colorful crayons and was neat.

It read-

'Dear Papa,

There are so many people in the house. You are not here. Aunt said you went to God. Are you there?

- Your Bani'

Veeranshu felt sad for this stranger. He himself had lost his mother last year and knew the pain too well. He wished he could meet this person. Maybe she needed a friend but he knew nothing about her. He stuffed the letter into his pocket and left, suddenly not feeling the desire to fly anymore.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day, Veeranshu flew to his spot earlier than usual and began flying. He had studied the direction of the wind and it was the same today as well. It meant the direction the letter came in would be the same too. He started to fly in that direction and soon he saw the letter coming in. He looked down to spot who was the one who released the letter but the person probably lived further into the city as he couldn't see anyone there. He caught the string in his claws and went back to his clearing and opened the letter.