Chapter 4: That's my mother you're talking about, asshole

The loud sound of a train engine awoke you from your slumber, making you snap your eyes open and look around. Everybody was still boarding the train, looking exhausted from all the partying they did last night. Especially Colt, who was having a bad hangover from all the drinking he did.

Thankfully, due to getting some rest, you actually had enough energy to last the day without falling asleep. Sunlight poured through the windows as it was pretty early in the morning, meaning the sun had just come out.

You were about to get out of your seat, your whole body feeling stiff, when you felt a weight on your shoulder. As you looked to your side, you were met with Udo, who was in the seat next to you. Except, his frame leaned against yours, his head resting on your shoulder while he was fast asleep. You wore a surprised smile, your eyes widening as you let out a couple of quiet laughs. This was going to be amazing blackmail material in the future.

You carefully got out of your seat, causing Udo to fall over with a loud thud. Now, he was lying across the 2 seats, still not moving a single limb. You patted his head before leaving him, walking through the train instead. Moving further along, you noticed Zofia, Gabi, and Falco. You smiled at them and they tiredly waved back while yawning.

Once you made it to the end of the compartment, you were face to face with a door. Being filled with curiosity, you opened it, revealing 2 people sitting down and drinking coffee, also chatting to each other. One of them was a woman, with disheveled dark hair and relaxed grey eyes. The other one was a guy, with blonde, pushed back hair and hazel eyes. They both looked older than you.

Before you could close the door, they had already noticed you.

"It's alright, you can come in," the girl calmly spoke, wearing a small smile.

You entered the room and shut the door behind you, awkwardly smiling at them while rubbing the back of your neck.

"I've never seen you around before. Who are you? " The man questioned, raising his eyebrow. He definitely gave off a meaner aura than the girl did.

"Y/n l/n, sir," you replied, giving a small wave to the pair.

"While you're here, do you want some coffee?"

Although you didn't really want to speak with anybody at the moment, you had nothing better to do. Plus, declining her offer would just make you feel bad.

You hesitated before nodding your head at the kind woman. She gave you a thumbs up then went to another room, presumably to brew more coffee. As you and the man were left alone, you stood there in silence, before he gestured for you to sit down.

A couple minutes later, the older girl came back, a big cup of coffee in her hand. She placed it on the table in front of you, causing you to thank her before picking it up and taking a sip.

"This is really good," you murmured, slightly stirring the beverage with the spoon placed inside. The room was very quiet, the only form of sound being from your drinking.

Finally, you finished the coffee, placing it down on the table and leaning back into your seat.

"So.. where are you from?" said the man, wearing a nonchalant expression.

"I'm still from Marley, but another part of it. Although, now that the war's finished, I'm moving to Liberio, "you replied, being thankful that you were able to come up with lies on the spot.

"Do you have any family members?" The woman inquired, resting her cheek on her hand.

"They died," you mumbled, wearing a sad expression while letting a tear slip.